Just starting

Options
jutka
jutka Posts: 1 Member
I am on day 2 of journaling my food and exercise. It certainly keeps me honest! I have always been good about exercising, but the eating part not so much. I need to make better choices, especially since my kids are learning by example.

Replies

• ramon357
    Options
    Same here. Started yesterday 8-22-11 so we will see.

Good luck!!
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome!
  • chefswife67
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..:smile:
    Good luck to you, Feel free to add me if you like ..:flowerforyou:
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you ... I sent you a friend request ... Friends are very helpful!
  • missbreeze1968
    Options
    I started before, and then family issues side tracked me and now have been using the tracker for three days again. I love it. Good luck, and Happy Health!
  • sara_rose
    sara_rose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you! Support is key!!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. I started using myfitnesspal 1 week ago. I lost 2.6 lbs this past week. I'm excited to see the progress. I'd love some online support. thanks :)
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Not sure about your kids but mine complained for a month straight when I stopped buying top ramen. I can't seem to educate them on making healthy choices. All they do is argue with me.

What does seem to work is telling them why I make the choices I do for myself. It gets the brains working a lot better than just telling them what to do.
  • Shater92
    Shater92 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am just starting today also. I am very excited. I too am very good at exercising and not the food portion but now I can be more accountable. Some foods I didn't realize the calorie count. I'm in it to win it, my life back that is!!:tongue:
  • hootietami
    hootietami Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Yep, just starting out too. A few times I've used myfitnesspal mobile to track my food/exercise and really liked it. I didn't get into the message boards though. I went to the doctor today, and am just so mad about how I've let myself get to the heavy weight that I am. All day I've been in a bad mood. I want the donuts that are in the fridge at work. But no! I will triumph! Time for carrots instead. I look forward to going along this journey with you.