I don’t know if I can fix my weight if it’s not an eating issue

Options
So here’s the skinny:(😝😋😜get it?!)
I have gained almost 60 lbs and I am not pregnant and I am freakin out because I have always been really aware of my weight due to having a very sudden weight gain when I hit puberty and since have worked hard to keep myself lean and under a certain number but after I lost my job due to health complications from postpartum depression and I haven’t been active in any way I RAPIDLY STARTED BALLONING BIGTIME I went from 115-120 to 175 in just about a year and I have NEVER EVEN PREGNANT NOT BEEN SO OVER WEIGHT AND I AM WONDERING IF SOMETHING IS WRONG. Any thoughts?

Replies

• sk8rvixen
    sk8rvixen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is me after losing my baby weight after my 3rd daughter! So it’s not because of pregnancy because she was 41/2 when I started to balloon.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    OdditiesC wrote: »
    Hi! Congratulations by the way, but we kind of need your diet plan. We gain weight from the food we eat, and you look lean and slim, maybe you are an ectomorph having a metabolism problem at a certain point.

Unlikely since body morphs have been completely debunked.

OP, we gain weight when we eat in a surplus. Being less active and eating the same can result in that, under-estimating how much is actually being consumed, you get the idea. Nothing is wrong, except that you've been eating more calories than your body needs. Plug your stats into MFP, choose a 1lb/week goal, get a food scale, eat to the number MFP gives you and eat in a way that you enjoy and can sustain long-term. Do all that, and you'll see your weight go down.