always feel sick! :(

Options
I kinda hate that I always feel nauseous... Seems like whenever I'm doing well I always feel icky, like on the verge of getting sick. Does anyone else feel this way when their dieting? I'm eating enough, eating healthy, and I'm not taking any diet pills! I am taking a multi vitamin and fish oil pills however and I can look at those pills and start feeling ill. Is my stomach just sensitive?

Replies

• dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Are you taking your fish oil with food? I tried it once, without food, and I was really ill.
  • Amymhis
    Amymhis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yup I take all my pills after I eat breakfast because if I don't I WILL GET SICK! I'm a whimp!
  • malvakai
    malvakai Posts: 32
    Options
    Vitamins are bound together with different things, sometimes people are sensative to those bindings. My Mother cant take Centrum because it makes her sick to her stomach and I avoid vitamins bound with yeast because I'm sensative to it. Also, vitamins on an empty stomach make me ill, especially fish oil.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    yup I take all my pills after I eat breakfast because if I don't I WILL GET SICK! I'm a whimp!
    It may be the iron in your multi. Try to find one without iron and see if that makes a difference. Some people are really sensitive to that.
  • Amymhis
    Options
    I'm taking GNC- "be whole" multi vitamin, they said it was not one to be so strong but more of a natural one. I'll have to double check, I thought when I bought it they actually said it DID NOT contain a lot of iron which is why they thought it would be good for me... Ugh... I feel sick off and on all day long! It's ridiculous!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who said that taking fish oil makes her very nausea...that could be the culprit.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I take all mine at bedtime... Then I won't feel yukky!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I can't take any vitamins or supplements (like fish oil) because I am allergic to something in all supplements like that. Not sure what it is as we've never been able to pinpoint the exact ingredient, but I can't take anything like that. If I were you, I'd stop taking the vitamin AND the fish oil and see if you feel better. I noticed my face cleared up and I felt better within 2 days of stopping them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm taking GNC- "be whole" multi vitamin, they said it was not one to be so strong but more of a natural one. I'll have to double check, I thought when I bought it they actually said it DID NOT contain a lot of iron which is why they thought it would be good for me... Ugh... I feel sick off and on all day long! It's ridiculous!

Hmmm ... well, then, I don't know! lol

As other said, maybe it's the fish oil.

It may be worth looking at whether you're getting enough nutrients without the vitamins and skipping them altogether.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It could be your diet. How much you eat and what you are eating will play a roll in this. I know when i start cutting i go from 5000 cals a day to 2000 cals. I feel sick to my stomach for a week until my body gets use to the way im eating
  • Amymhis
    Options
    might have to stop them.... dang it!
  • army_cobra
    Options
    I dont think fish oil would do it if it is taken with food. How long have you been on them?
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    It may be the iron in your multi. Try to find one without iron and see if that makes a difference. Some people are really sensitive to that.

I would say this. Many years ago I took a woman's multi with iron, within 30 minutes I was fighting to keep food down. I switched to a iron-free formula and bought a separate slow-release iron supplement. This fixed my problem. I was even able to take them on an empty stomach which I could NOT do with the multi w/ iron included.
  • Amymhis
    Options
    over a year! and if i eat cruddy and basically over eat i'm fine, but if i eat normal then I am just blah...
  • army_cobra
    Options
    over a year! and if i eat cruddy and basically over eat i'm fine, but if i eat normal then I am just blah...

Do you have a cheat day in your diet? Seeing you have been taking them for over a year im pretty sure that aint it.
  • staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Do you use a lot of artificial sweeteners - they can play havoc with your body.
  • Amymhis
    Options
    I use splenda w/my coffee when I drink it, and I did have coffee today... I keep switching my fish oil and vitamin brands but it seems like i should be over that by now still. i got a weak belly!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I use splenda w/my coffee when I drink it, and I did have coffee today... I keep switching my fish oil and vitamin brands but it seems like i should be over that by now still. i got a weak belly!

Different brands can be slightly different. I say pick a brand and stick with it. See if that helps. :)
  • army_cobra
    Options
    coffee bad for you and any kind of sweeteners but hey some people need there coffee to start the day. If i could see your food diary that would help
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    What do you define as "eating healty" vs "eating crud"? I'd venture to guess that if you are like most people what you've been told is healthy is probably making you feel worse.

Stay away from grains, sugar and low fat anything and eat higher fat lower carb meals and I would bet your symptoms would go away within a week.