UGGGGH!!! Mexican for Lunch today

Options
I tried to do the right things. I:

*had only 10 tortilla chips from the basket
*ordered the chicken fajitas, ate the chicken and vegetables, no tortilla (wrap)
*ordered the rice instead of the beans, had about 1/3 cup of the rice
*had only water (3 glasses)

SO WHY DO I FEEL SO FULL? LIKE, IT FEELS THE SAME AS WHEN I KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN REALLY REALLY BAD.

How can I win at this going out to lunch/dinner (very rare). I really really tried :sad:

Replies

• Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe you ate too much?
  • bostongirl123
    Options
    Maybe it was the water? If so, than thats a good thing!
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Rice and water= full :)
  • nstuart79
    Options
    Chips and rice are carbs and carbs have a tendency to expand once they enter your stomach, making you feel full. I don't think you did a bad job eating...don't be so hard on yourself! It's okay to eat out occassionally. :smile:
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe you ate too much?

Better yet, lets just say I drank too much water, LOL.

I tried to watch the portions. Of course they gave me more vegetables than chicken. There was about 1/3 cup of rice. In my mind I was good on my protion control, especially with the chips. I usally finish the basket by myself.
  • DebsFernandez
    Options
    It's not really that you ate too much, it could be that the rice is expanding making you feel that much more fuller than before. Plus it's Mexican food :P It's filling lol. And don't think of it as doing something bad either, because nowhere in that did I see anything "wrong."
    I would put it to the rice, because I can actually feel the rice expanding or something when I have rice, and I have it often!
  • egdanger1
    Options
    Maybe it was the water? If so, than thats a good thing!

Bless You!!!!
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would have done differently is just order the chicken and veggies. No rice.

Oh and no chips if you could resist.

sounds like you did good though
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you made really good choices though. Definitely don't beat yourself up.
  • jerjan
    jerjan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it's all the condiments and preservatives restaurant food has. It's full of sodium and Sat fat. :(
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    chips and rice are the likely candidates...but you won't likely feel too full for long as they were likely not whole grain carbs. it's also possible that you just ate more than you needed at the time. it will pass!
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Eating out IS tough. I try to check out the menu on-line PRIOR to going out and find the best options available. Many chain restaurants (Applebees, Wendy's etc.) have nutrition guidelines online that are very helpful. Good luck and don't get discouraged!
  • CandiJo1
    Options
    Try this:
    Always drink 10-15 minutes before you eat. That way you wash all the leftovers, acids in your stomach before new food enters.

Never drink while you eat, you need your saliva for better, faster digesting and saliva kills gems while you chewing it, so chew it slowly and thoroughly.

Don’t drink after your have eat for at least two hours (four hours if you had meat products like beef, pork, chicken, fish), because you need your acids in your stomach not mixed with other liquids.

If you add any other liquids in your stomach right after you have eat your body have to waste even more energy and time to digest your food and its just go down the road from there. Food might not get digested all the way through and you get only half or less on the nutrition’s.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It's the sodium.

Try to drink some extra water once you feel up to it and a banana (it beats bloat!)
  • egdanger1
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I will chalk it up to to the rice and the water. Thanks again!!!