Weight loss platue

So for the past 3 weeks i haven’t seen much change in my weight loss maybe a pound or 2 lost and i set my fitness pal to help me loose around 2 pounds a week and i am meeting the daily calorie needs to do so plus i am more active now since i first started the changes i have made was i drink way more coffee now i buy the matcha green tea latte with almond milk from Starbucks , and i guess i indulge on a lot of pasta and whole wheat bread but that’s only because it fits my calorie limit and people told me it doesn’t matter what i eat as long as i fit it in my calorie intake so is there any suggestions my weight hasn’t changed since last week and i checked today.

Replies

• Ashlove5
    Ashlove5 Posts: 152 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How much weight do you have to lose in total?

Are you using a food scale?

In short, weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you'll lose 3 lbs, others you'll lose nothing. That's real life. And new or increased exercise can cause water weight fluctuations.

Unless you are obese, 2 lbs may not be realistic.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum, lots of great info there.
    I weight 180 and wanna get down to 140 so i have 40 more pounds to loose , and i have been doing a lot of new leg workouts like squats and ect to build leg muscles
  • Ashlove5
    lin_be wrote: »
    You’ve lost 1-2lbs in 3 weeks? Doesn’t sound like a plateau to me. What’s your starting weight? Goal weight? Height?

My weight currently is 180 and i wanna get down to 138 - 140 and i am like 5’5 but my concern is i am loosing weight slower doing the same things i have done my starting month
  • wanna_be_free
    wanna_be_free Posts: 210 Member
    im struggling looe 1lb a week and im at the start with around 7 stone to loose :/
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    ashsabiha wrote: »
    You’ve lost 1-2lbs in 3 weeks? Doesn’t sound like a plateau to me. What’s your starting weight? Goal weight? Height?

My weight currently is 180 and i wanna get down to 138 - 140 and i am like 5’5 but my concern is i am loosing weight slower doing the same things i have done my starting month

This is 100% normal and to be expected. Weight loss slows the closer you get to your goal. As long as you're eating at a deficit, you'll get there. Keep in mind though that the same things that worked for you at 180 lbs may not continue to work for you indefinitely, but it sounds like you're still losing at a reasonable rate. As others have said, 2 lbs per week is pretty aggressive and really only reasonable for people who have a lot more weight to lose. I'll echo the advice to check out the most helpful posts threads.

Good luck!!
  • Ashlove5
    Dove0804 wrote: »
    ashsabiha wrote: »

This is 100% normal and to be expected. Weight loss slows the closer you get to your goal. As long as you're eating at a deficit, you'll get there. Keep in mind though that the same things that worked for you at 180 lbs may not continue to work for you indefinitely, but it sounds like you're still losing at a reasonable rate. As others have said, 2 lbs per week is pretty aggressive and really only reasonable for people who have a lot more weight to lose. I'll echo the advice to check out the most helpful posts threads.

Good luck!!
    Yah i guess my problem is i want really fast results but who don’t , but it can also cause me to be more hungry often and make me loose my motivation so thank you for the advice !