Breakfast ideas (fat loss goal)

Options
bethandavies02
bethandavies02 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone, I’m hoping some of you might be able to help me ...

I’m looking to lose some body fat - I’m currently at 24% and want to get down to 20% in three months (holiday goal and I want to feel better about myself!). I’m active (walk a lot and go to the gym 4-5 times a week), but not the best with my snacking - I am trying my best to reduce that though. In the meantime, I’ve been advised that upping my protein will help me feel fuller for longer and so I’m going to track macros to help with that.

Only thing is, I don’t think I’m very good at getting good protein in at breakfast though - any tips/recipes/ideas?!

*side note - I’m not a fan of eggs at all!! (Otherwise perfect solution!)

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been adding Greek yogurt to everything! Also PB in my breakfast smoothie!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Some days I eat overnight oats with Greek yogurt and milk which gives me close to 20 grands of protein.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, I had spaghetti this morning.

This.. as long you're still in deficit at the end of the day

Eggs, sausages and dinner rolls here
  • bethandavies02
    bethandavies02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • 12gr34
    12gr34 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a leanfit costco chocolate drink with an egg or homemade bagel and pb for breakfast. Also track my calories so I stay in a calorie deficit...if I have calories left in the evening I will treat myself to popcorn or another snack such as trail mix.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lunch meat with mustard! Really, any food can be "breakfast". Beans, lentils, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein/meal bars, protein powder shakes--all high in protein. I also like oatmeal with protein powder.
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love "breakfast nachos" lately...black beans, cheese, corn and mushrooms with salsa for dipping :)
  • annascalise6266
    annascalise6266 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast or English muffin with PB and sliced bananas or apples or fruit and honey.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, I had spaghetti this morning.

I usually have a pop tart 😁
  • Salixiana
    Salixiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My everyday breakfast is 1 oz Krave beef jerky (kinda pricy, but no nitrites or preservatives), 1 brown rice cake, and 1 oz almond butter. It keeps me full for 4 or 5 hours, 317 calories.