Favorite helpful condiment??

Options
2»

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I LOVE condiments/dressings. My current favorite is Frenchs Honey Mustard. 10 calories per tsp (1g carb). I put 2tsp on my salmon after I bake it-so good!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love mustard, Sriracha, and pickles.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Not sure it's considered a condiment, but these are good seasonings at only about 10 calories per teaspoon.od9wc2q56nu6.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    Does miso count as a condiment? I use sweet white or hacho miso all the time to add richness and flavor (not to mention salt ;) ) to foods.

And most of the things others have mentioned: Many vinegars, fermented chili paste, toasted sesame oil, mustard . . . .
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    A Good balsamic... Salad, raw or cooked veggies, meat marinade
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce

It can be used on so many things and mixed into other items to change up the flavors. It's really good mixed in with some ketchup or plain Greek yogurt or sweet chili sauce or BBQ sauce or add a couple drops of sesame oil and some soy sauce, etc.

So many uses
  • luckymushroom7
    luckymushroom7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mrs.Dash Garlic and Herb & Sour cream
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    As always, I recommend a visit to the Mustard Museum: https://store.mustardmuseum.com/

Condiments are just about bursting out of my fridge, and now I see this page. I might have to get rid of some condiments to make room for some of these. I see lots of grainy mustards there, which I like. I love Grey Poupon's Country Dijon.

Oddly, my favorite condiment is ketchup. It can fix nearly anything. :smiley:

I love Penzey's Greek Seasoning and use it quite a lot.
  • bjseth00
    bjseth00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It has to be Whole Foods 365 Organic Yellow Mustard. I was never a yellow mustard fan, for me it had to be, well, any other kind. I bought it for my husband who only likes yellow mustard, and out of curiosity, I tasted it. It actually has flavor! It is really good.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    kodiakke wrote: »
    I'm currently binging on berbere seasoning. Yum.

MMMMM, berbere. My winter breakfast has been Cuban rice & beans with an egg, but with the last batch I used berbere instead - yum!

Some reviewers complain that this is not authentically Ethiopian; others disagree; some say Ethiopians add more heat; I have no basis for comparison and love it.

https://smile.amazon.com/Frontier-Berbere-Seasoning-ORGANIC-Bottle/dp/B005WDVQHG/

81NjdJnN43L._SY679_.jpg

Ingredients
    Paprika, Sea Salt, Cayenne, Fenugreek, Coriander, Cumin, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Turmeric (all organic but the salt)

Directions
    Suggested Use: Combine 1 cup uncooked lentils, 3 cups water, 1 lb cooked meat or tofu, 2 Tbsp seasoning, 14.5oz diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, simmer about 1 hour, or until lentils are tender.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I Iike to make my own pico, love cilantro. Dijon mustard, cholula, slap your mama, lemon juice...
  • thenewhouse2018
    thenewhouse2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Currently liking low carb/low kcal alfredo sauce

My usual rotations:
    Marinara
    Dijon mustard
    hugh's bbq sauce (favorite low carb gem):
    xh6clxnp66w0.png
    Plain old iodized sea salt is just enough sometimes too
    Wasabi sauce once in a blue moon
    Dieted way too hard using Frank's red hot (can't bring myself to consume...memories, lol)

• egbert2016
    egbert2016 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tajin... great on eggs, avocado, veggies. I also love apple cider vinegar. Freshly squeezed lime juice is also delicious.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    My homemade Ranch sauce. Great on veggie burgers, salads, fries, wraps and sandwiches, potato skins and it's a tasty dipping sauce. I also use the herb and seasoning combination on plain popcorn.

The calories are good too and it's very flavorful, but not overwhelming.
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sriracha.

Same here for me. I make these sauteed pork tenderloin cubes and usually always use Sriracha to finish the dish.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce and hot sauce
  • xxxMADMAXxxx
    xxxMADMAXxxx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Rice Wine Vinegar.
    90% of the time when I am craving sushi (which is 90% of the time), it is actually this stuff my body wants.
    I use it on my salads and also in my water. I run out of it constantly.

Olive Oil
    I have weaned myself down to no more than a tablespoon per meal since I just discovered it is so loaded with calories. I prefer extra virgin and I used to have a half cup of it with half a baguette, a fist-sized ball of fresh mozzarella cheese and a salad every day for lunch. I realllllllllly miss eating this.

Mustard- any kind, but especially the typical type placed next to the ketchup.

Lime- it makes cold water addictive adds zest to any food and an extra pop to salads.

Kimchi - it is difficult for me to get this, so when I do, I try to use it as sparingly as possible. It completes a meal when I am limited on time or side dishes. It also seems to make anything seem more hearty. I have added it to soups (when I all I had was frozen broccoli and a bit of cooked ham- one of my favourites now), salads, rice, etc.