Starting again

Options
Started this year off right and fell right back into bad habits the past couple weeks with some major stressers coming up. Binge eating, not going to the gym, etc. Trying to hold myself accountable and push myself to be better but lacking motivation and have no friends around I can discuss this with. Anyways, I don’t want to beat myself up about it any more than I already have. Fresh start today!

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No way ahead but forward!! You can totally do this!!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    You're right, you shouldn't beat yourself up.

The question you need to ask is why did you binge? And why did you stop going to the gym?

The only way to stop it happening again is to get to the cause and address it.

G'luck.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I could have written that. I went on a nice 4 day binge starting last Thursday and then promptly stopped going to the gym. I claimed I was too tired, but the truth is I just didn't want to go. I got my diet back in line, but the gym isn't coming back so quickly. Life is busy and it's easy for me to make excuses, I mean who really wants to get up at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning to go exercise? I hate getting up, but once I'm there I'm in my happy place. For me I think one reason I stopped going to the gym was punishment for binging. I was mad and disappointed in myself so I trashed the rest of my effort because I didn't deserve the positives. Any way, I'm working through it and plan to do some activity tomorrow evening then up early Friday morning to go back to my happy place.

Make a goal. Write it down, then make yourself proud.
  • MarisaMSimon
    MarisaMSimon Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! It's totally okay to fail, we all do! The comeback is the ultimate prize though. If something really affected you and you binged then got on the scale and didn't see what you wanted, you'll have that extra boost to turn things around! Use it as a lesson moving forward.