Healthy breakfast ideas containing eggs

Options
Looking for healthy breakfast recipes.

Replies

• laineymay52
    laineymay52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 slices cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, soaked in 2 raw eggs mixed, cook on griddle with a spray of Pam. Then, I drizzle 1 tsp real maple syrup. Holds me until lunch, delicious!
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You could try egg whites. Sometimes I use two whole eggs and than add some egg whites for extra protein.

Typically for eggs though I’ll scramble them with black beans for fiber/protein kick. Add a bit of salsa and some veggies (onions, bell pepper, avocado) and if I have the extra calories, I’ll eat it with corn tortillas and some pepper jack cheese.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i make an egg bake with vegetables and feta cheese - its about 6 whole eggs, then a small carton of egg whites - saute mixed vegetables (typically i use mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus etc) - sprinkle feta cheese on top and cook for 30min at 375degree - that will typically feed me for the week
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Smashed avocado on top of ezekiel toast with one poached egg.

Egg cups - use a muffin pan to pour an egg white or whole egg mixed with various veggies and/or protein choice and bake.

Hard boiled eggs cut in halves or quarters with halved cherry tomatoes and grilled asparagus.

Half of an avocado with an egg in center baked.

Breakfast bowl consisting of quinoa, halved cherry tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, avocado slices, and topped with a sunny side up egg.

Breakfast burrito using a low carb tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese of choice, diced onions, black beans, salsa.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a soft boiled egg, on a toasted English muffin. I butter the English muffin lightly, cut the egg in half, and top each half with chia seeds (about 1/2 tsp total, 1/4 tsp on each half). I usually have an orange, banana or a cup of berries with it.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like to keep fresh spinach and mushrooms chopped up in a container in the fridge so that I can quickly make a 2-egg omelette in the morning. I add about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, and done
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of Cuban rice & beans every other Saturday. I leave 6 days worth in the frig and freeze the rest in two portion containers.

I have this with a fried egg for breakfast.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I like to hard boil eggs, and then cut them up and have them on a piece or two of whole wheat toast, with pineapple or banana on the side.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite regular breakfasts -- 2 egg omelet with vegetables (usually something like spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms), with some cottage cheese on the side.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, Melba Toast, Babybel cheese & banana plus black coffee - 300 to 350 calories.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i make egg cups. spray muffin tin with Pam, scramble eggs and pour in. each section holds one egg. I add some chopped peppers or turkey pepperoni or bacon bits or cheese. can also line a strip of bacon around edge, like cupcake wrapper, if you want a bit more calories. Makes 12, can reheat 2 quickly for breakfast, but i also dont mind cold eggs, so I usually just eat them as it. 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. make them every sunday and they last til at least thursday or friday.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I cook oatmeal on the stove top, add all the goodies I want like a little sugar, cinnamon and whatever else, at the last minute I mix an egg into it and stir fast so it mixed in. Can't even tell it's in there.

I also add egg to rice the same way. You could do it with cauliflower rice and seasonings too if you are watching carbs.

Otherwise I lightly poach or fry eggs and put them on top of all kinds of things - breakfast tostada with a little refried beans and avacado and salsa etc. topped with a runny yolk egg is delicious. Sometimes I cook a burger patty and top it with an egg. Breakfast is usually lunchtime for me so I can increase the calories a little

Egg muffins freeze and reheat well - you can do all kinds of veggie and meat variations with those.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Shakshouka. A bit more involved, but oh so divine. Sometimes I just make a simple sunny side up with oregano sprinkled on top with the mandatory bread to scoop the yolk. Amazing how herbs can take something so simple to the next level.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    3oz of fried deli ham slices with a fried egg on top. Fry in pat of butter. 250 calories.

PS: The English muffin missing from this is +150 calories.
  • charmaineabbott1
    charmaineabbott1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For you Brits......whisk 1 egg add mashed banana ....spray pan with low cal oil. cook as a pancake....160 cals !
    i love it.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    3oz of fried deli ham slices with a fried egg on top. Fry in pat of butter. 250 calories.

PS: The English muffin missing from this is +150 calories.

Light English muffins are 90-100 calories depending on the brand.