just a funny thought about teens and cameras today

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
So I have noticed this new trend in photo taking, well its not that new but I never did it when I was a teen or early twenties. Why do girls now take photos with the camera pointing down and them looking up usually with their lips poking out. My cousin does this a lot of her facebook and she looks really ridiculous. I understand that its a good angle to make you look skinnier, but thinner girls do this too. I am just curious why they do and how this trend started?

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    LOL. I have noticed this too. I have even heard the term "profile pic pose" used to describe it. There is one guys do too !
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    They call it "duck face" and it is now widely mocked as ridiculous, a la Jersey Shore LMAO!!

I have noticed it too- its very lookitme!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    One word. Cleavage.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Young girls do what other young girls do.

I blame alternative music not being alternative anymore.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    According to OKCupid's data analysis, the "myspace angle" is dumb looking but extremely effective in pulling in interested suitors:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures/
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    They call it "duck face" and it is now widely mocked as ridiculous, a la Jersey Shore LMAO!!

I have noticed it too- its very lookitme!

HAHAHAH DUCKFACE!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Ah yes...

The duck face. I hate that face. It makes you look ridiculous! lol
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    According to OKCupid's data analysis, the "myspace angle" is dumb looking but extremely effective in pulling in interested suitors:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures/

I was JUST about to say the same thing.
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I call this "fatty angle" - I've been guilty of it myself! :laugh:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It's so funny you posted this, I was thinking the very same thing today. I've even seen older women do it. Seems a little silly to me, but oh well, it's just funny to see it so often.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    There is also a new tread of crinkling your forehead in the position you are talking about.
    LOL HOW UNFLATTERING.
    It makes you look 10 times older, and like your surprised you just threw up or something : P.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I think most girls feel that angle makes them look prettier and maybe not so chubby and unsymmetrical in the face. Sticking your lips out accentuates the cheekbones and thins the cheek and jawline. Just my guess! :smile: I did those awkard angles when I was in high school.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One word. Cleavage.
    ^this.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The original term is "myspace picture" because that's how it all started! I think girls just figured out quickly that was the most flattering angle. I must admit, I do it sometimes too, haha.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, duck face.

http://antiduckface.com/
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    when guys do it, it creeps me out.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    <-- ::runs to go check and see if yall are describing my pics:: nope, im good :-)
  • AmberYZ
    AmberYZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Illusion of big eyes, prominent cheekbones, general slimness, heart shaped faces, and big lips. Too bad it doesn't work
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    www.antiduckface.com
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I love that there's a name for it. Now people will stop. Mullets were all the rage until people started calling them mullets. Same with tramp stamps.