What kind of coffee do you drink? Light, medium, dark? With what in it? I’m curious.

Options

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I have instant coffee in all sorts, by accident I just pick up whatever when I go shopping it doesn’t matter the roast, I don’t notice the difference :| . I use cashew milk and one tsp of sugar, or no sugar.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Medium or dark roast with one equal packet. On the weekends, I sometimes add a teaspoon of half and half to my coffee
  • seemsright
    seemsright Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink whatever is on sale. I huge vats (my mug is 30oz) and I drink it black.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Medium to dark roast. Mostly always black. Sometimes when I'm feeling a bit wild, I'll add some cinnamon to it. If I have a cold, I might add some peppermint.
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    <3<3 coffee. Gotta be a med-dark roast. I actually find it less bitter than light roast.
    Mornings will be a 6oz Flat white, and afternoons enjoy a Long Black (not as watery as an americano). ☕ Never any sweetener or sugar added.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my Death Star: on the dark side, and powerful enough to destroy a planet.

I drink it black, although I've been thinking of adding something to it because I need to up my protein intake.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    I drink 20oz of dark roast black almost everyday. Grind the beans and use a french press to make it myself.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    the free stuff from work.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Strong, black, decaffinated with sugar ;)
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Kroger premium pod or ground - with sugar free hazelnut creamer or sometimes just a regular flavored creamer. I don’t measure. This is daily “treat”. I don’t usually have a craving for sweets. If I do it’s 1-2 pieces of dove chocolate. But doing my coffee this way seems to keep my sweets at bay.

I also like making it iced.

I recently saw people adding vanilla or caramel premier protein to their coffee. I have bought it to try it that way.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Medium or dark roast, one cancer packet (either pink or yellow, depending on my mood).

When I use the machine at work I double down - a normal cup topped with a double- or triple-espresso shot.

MOAR CAFF-EEN!
  • striving4moretoday
    striving4moretoday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    zv86vs4sqhax.giflight med dark does not matter to me. hot w creamer. mmmm
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I like light roast best for drip coffee, cold brew, and French press; I use a dark roast or espresso beans for my moka pot and espresso machine. Lately I've been using Cafe du Monde (blue can, no chicory) in the moka pot, pouring it over ice, and adding juuuuust a little milk or sweet cream. If I have hot coffee I tend to just use creamer, usually hazelnut, a scant tablespoon's worth.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'll drink coffee just about any way its given to me. Cheap coffee needs a little more cream/milk, but a good quality coffee can be drank black.

That being said, I usually buy a medium roast coffee and add maybe a tablespoon of sugar-free coffee creamer or a splash of milk with splenda. I don't need much in my coffee.
  • gaeason4950
    gaeason4950 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink Peet's Decaf Dark Roast. I am trying to avoid caffeine. Peet's has a full bodied flavor and no aftertaste. I also like Starbucks Decaf.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like my soul - Dark and black. Me at Starbucks - "The largest black coffee you have, please." "No, no room for cream or sugar." "No, really, no room for cream or sugar."

I still get room for cream and sugar. >.<

I heard someone at the coffee shop the other day order a non-fat decaf latte. I about fell out of my seat.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like my soul - Dark and black. Me at Starbucks - "The largest black coffee you have, please." "No, no room for cream or sugar." "No, really, no room for cream or sugar."

I still get room for cream and sugar. >.<

I heard someone at the coffee shop the other day order a non-fat decaf latte. I about fell out of my seat.

I've ordered that. That order translates to "I'm a traveling ovo-lacto vegetarian who needs more protein, but it's close to bedtime." ;)
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use to always put milk in my coffee until I discovered I was drinking my calories. Now I drink it black.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Liamsm0m wrote: »
    Kroger premium pod or ground - with sugar free hazelnut creamer or sometimes just a regular flavored creamer. I don’t measure. This is daily “treat”. I don’t usually have a craving for sweets. If I do it’s 1-2 pieces of dove chocolate. But doing my coffee this way seems to keep my sweets at bay.

I also like making it iced.

I recently saw people adding vanilla or caramel premier protein to their coffee. I have bought it to try it that way.

Never heard of this additive. Thanks for the mention, I'll check it out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Usually a medium roast...grind the beans fresh every morning. Usually Colombian or Guatemalan in origin. I usually drink my coffee black, but sometimes my wife gets a dark roast and I cut the bitterness with some 1/2 and 1/2.