In 5 weeks I'll weigh what??

Options
Hello all, I'm not new to this. I enjoy posting my food so I can get an idea of how much I'm eating. After I'm done logging for the day it tells you that if you continue to eat like this you'll weigh xxx in 5 weeks. I've never hit this number. I have come close. Has anyone ever actually reached the number they claim for you? I know it's just a guesstimate, but has it ever been close for anyone? Thanks 😊

Replies

• kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy if its even just close to what it predicts honestly.
    I like that it does that though, it kind of encourages me to keep going.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    No, but it also says if I ate like that every day for 5 weeks I’d hit that number and I’ve never had a 5 week streak eating exactly the same.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No it’s completely out for me, I eat a lot (I lift) and it always says I’ll be several pounds heavier than I am. You don’t actually have to hit the complete diary button, it records your day anyway.
  • amdev23_23
    amdev23_23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No, but it is kind of motivating. The other day it told me 194, which is like 20 pounds. I have over 1000 “exercise” calories automatically upload from Fitbit. But starting at 280, I was REAL stoked to see a predicted weight starting with a 1. Is it accurate and realistic, no not really. But still find it a little motivating.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    No it’s completely out for me, I eat a lot (I lift) and it always says I’ll be several pounds heavier than I am. You don’t actually have to hit the complete diary button, it records your day anyway.

Same here!
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    This was one of the first things I posted about when I started up again in October. I told the support team that it should be re-worded because it's not accurate at all.

It's simply a motivation tool that they simply don't want to change so just ignore it. Just like your exercise calories.

I ignore those too and now I have just stopped logging exercise because MFP adds those extra calories to my daily total and I never eat back those calories because I find the exercise database is too generic - in some cases the amount of calories burned is too high and in some cases too low depending on the exercise.
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My friend recently informed me that she wrote hers down and 5 weeks later it was spot on what it said it would be :) I've recently written mine down so will be interesting to see what it says in 5 weeks
  • fcanad
    fcanad Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I record the predictions on a calendar and celebrate when I can get ahead of the prediction.
    I’m on 1200 a day, no allowance for exercise, with a moderately active job. I never reached the 5 week predictions when taking out for exercise.
    I don’t eat the exact same each day, but I do keep my macros steady.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think it's the worst thing about this site because it encourages big deficits with unhealthy behaviors so people will see a large in 5 weeks number. I wish they would do away with it.
  • kellycz
    kellycz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Honestly I think it's the worst thing about this site because it encourages big deficits with unhealthy behaviors so people will see a large in 5 weeks number. I wish they would do away with it.
    I agree!

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Mine makes me laugh! And after today it'd be laughing at me, precisely why I'm not logging!