always feel sick! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• jessbennett1986
    Options
    What do you define as "eating healty" vs "eating crud"? I'd venture to guess that if you are like most people what you've been told is healthy is probably making you feel worse.

Stay away from grains, sugar and low fat anything and eat higher fat lower carb meals and I would bet your symptoms would go away within a week.

Maybe staying away from the sugar and low fat like this poster had said but NOT grains. Limiting might help but you need healthy grains in your diet. Carbohydrates are the main fuel source from food. Excluding them will only make you more tired. It is best to have carbs in low amounts to stablize your blood sugar. I also recently always feel sick. But I don't take fish oil or a multivitamin. I suspect I am not getting enough of something so maybe like me you will have to play around with you diet to find out. Good luck!
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My stomach flat out does not like most vitamins. I've had the best luck with Nature Made. However, try switching to taking your vitamins with a light snack before bed. My doctor made that recommendation, and it helps SO MUCH with the nausea. Good luck.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    smart girl lol good luck on the switch up
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find a legitimate source to quote, but I can't so these will have to do:
    http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight_loss_diet_forum/weight-loss-information/46-what-happens-toxins-your-fat-cells-when-you-lose-weight.html
    http://www.medifasthealth.org/blog/2011/05/02/some-weight-loss-plans-can-poison-your-health/

The gist of the situation: As you lose weight via a decrease in caloric intake your body will attempt to utilize fat stores for energy. Certain toxins or less than desirable things can be stored in fat, including pesticides, BPA, etc. As your body uses up your fat those toxins have to cycle through your system for removal. Thus, you feel gross.

Drink plenty of water, your body is perfectly adapted to detox itself.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    What do you define as "eating healty" vs "eating crud"? I'd venture to guess that if you are like most people what you've been told is healthy is probably making you feel worse.

Stay away from grains, sugar and low fat anything and eat higher fat lower carb meals and I would bet your symptoms would go away within a week.

Maybe staying away from the sugar and low fat like this poster had said but NOT grains. Limiting might help but you need healthy grains in your diet. Carbohydrates are the main fuel source from food. Excluding them will only make you more tired. It is best to have carbs in low amounts to stablize your blood sugar. I also recently always feel sick. But I don't take fish oil or a multivitamin. I suspect I am not getting enough of something so maybe like me you will have to play around with you diet to find out. Good luck!

The fact of the matter is that the human body DOES NOT need grains to survive. There are essential vitamins and nutrients, but there is NO SUCH thing as an essential carbohydrate. Any vitamins you can get from grains you can get from other sources without all the issues that carbohydrates bring to the table.

From my own personal experience, once you get past the few days of "low carb flu" and feel tired, you have WAY more energy. Any time I eat grains now I feel lethargic. I suggest anyone that believes otherwise just take a few minutes and read what you can find at the links below:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/hypertension-prediabetes-metabolic-syndrome-and-75-pounds-all-gone-in-6-months/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    if you are always feeling sick after the vitamins, it is likely that one of them is the culprit. Take one out for 14 days. if you still feel sick, take off the seconnd for 14 days. if you feel better, try the first again, but for 7 days. that way you will know without a doubt if it's one or the compound.

it's a basic allergy test.

as for the idea of taking them before bed, this does help a lot of ppl. just make sure that your multi doesn't have a lot of Bs, or you could have trouble getting to sleep with their upswing in your system.

good luck.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It might be food intolerances, they can come on stronger when there is a change in your diet. Just something to think about.
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When taking a multi vitamin especially... you reallly need to eat with it. I ussually take mine with dinner... or I feel morning sick hehe. It's scared me several times into taking a PT test, only to read that they are hard on the stomach sometimes without food.
  • jen31889
    Options
    I kinda hate that I always feel nauseous... Seems like whenever I'm doing well I always feel icky, like on the verge of getting sick. Does anyone else feel this way when their dieting? I'm eating enough, eating healthy, and I'm not taking any diet pills! I am taking a multi vitamin and fish oil pills however and I can look at those pills and start feeling ill. Is my stomach just sensitive?

Are you using splenda or anything with artificial sweeteners? I find that they cause me to get nauseous at random times of the day.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Mine used to make me super sick too. I totally understand how just looking at them makes you ill - this happened to me too. My doctor told me to take them at night, before bed. So I started doing this, and it has helped 100%. My fish oil supplement is orange flavored - which means when I burp (because those ones make me burp) it tastes like orange, and not fish oil.

It's called: Minami Nutrition Platinum Ultimate once daily OMEGA-3 + D3 Formula.

Also, I take capsules and not pills. They don't sit around in your stomach as long. If you can take a liquid, that's even better. I could take a multi-vitamin liquid in the morning, on an empty stomach and not feel sick. But I can't stand the taste, so now I take RAW ONE for Women - It's a capsule.

Good luck!