Down 96lbs in 7 months

Options
Hello my name is Ashley I started keto in August 2018. I was miserable and desperate to lose the weight and after seeing my niece lose weight trying keto I said to myself I have to give this a shot. I’m beyond proud of myself for sticking to it ! It was the best decision of my life! I went from 293 down to 197lbs. Size 22w to a loose 14. Tight 3xl shirt to a M/L. Went down 3 ring sizes and a whole shoe size.

Replies

• Competeballpythons
    Competeballpythons Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    WOw
    Great work!!
  • flakitaa
    flakitaa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring. I started keto exactly a month ago and am down 12.6 lbs.
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Amazing you rock
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    WOW. Congratulations! You're a real inspiration and proof that the keto lifestyle is the way to go. I'm two months in and I've lost 33 lb. Type 2 diabetic, blood sugar levels are normal for the first time in years. Keto truly has been a miracle for me.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    No wonder my shoe feels looser, Congratulations!!
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Ashley I started keto in August 2018. I was miserable and desperate to lose the weight and after seeing my niece lose weight trying keto I said to myself I have to give this a shot. I’m beyond proud of myself for sticking to it ! It was the best decision of my life! I went from 293 down to 197lbs. Size 22w to a loose 14. Tight 3xl shirt to a M/L. Went down 3 ring sizes and a whole shoe size.

Hey there. Are you 197 in that photo? You must be all muscle. I weigh 187. But I don't know what my true size is because I wear a size 20 jeans that I got from Frugal Fannies that are currently super baggy on me. I'm kind of scared to see what my new size is...ALSO I don't know about keto. I mean I try to stay away from carbs and eat the good fats. Is that what let is. My Fitness Pall has my carb macros set high. I mean how many carbs am I supposed to be eating in a day to be keto?
  • ashley13ar4561
    ashley13ar4561 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes I’m currently 197 and that picture was taken a couple days ago. I’m 5’10 so I do hold a lot of weight pretty good and I’m currently working on building muscle. Keto is high fat moderate protein and low carb. If you have a lot of fat to lose I would focus on hitting your protein goal rather then fat. For the first 3 months I did 20 total carbs then switched to 20 net carbs. I also incorporated working out since I started.
  • ashley13ar4561
    Options
    Thank you everyone 😊 yes keto is a real game changer. It’s the only thing that has worked for me and I’ve been able to sustain.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes I’m currently 197 and that picture was taken a couple days ago. I’m 5’10 so I do hold a lot of weight pretty good and I’m currently working on building muscle. Keto is high fat moderate protein and low carb. If you have a lot of fat to lose I would focus on hitting your protein goal rather then fat. For the first 3 months I did 20 total carbs then switched to 20 net carbs. I also incorporated working out since I started.

Yes I also have had gastric bypass surgery. So my protein I am supposed to get in at least 60 grams. But my surgeon says the more protein I take i. the more weight I will lose. I started doing that after my last visit with him 3 and a half weeks ago and have lost 10 pounds. ..currently 187.1 Besides being scared to go shopping, I really dont want to buy clothes yet until I am at or closer to my goal weight.
  • KiairaKay
    KiairaKay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That’s amazing!
  • ashley13ar4561
    Options
    I would say go for it trying on new clothes is definitely a motivator! It was for me because sometimes you lose inches
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for my morning cup of inspiration!!! BRAVO!!!
  • jenniferanderson3888
    jenniferanderson3888 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Did you ever platue? If so, how did u get through it? Did you exercise?
  • ashley13ar4561
    Options
    I try to exercise 4-5 times a week mostly go hiking biking or use the treadmill I recently incorporated weights . I did plateau starting this year I just readjust my macros go back to total carbs or do a high carb day then a no carb or low carb. The weight is getting harder to drop since I’m nearing my goal weight
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration... you look fantastic
  • thisgirlislosingweight
    Options
    You look freaking amazing!! & I loveeeee your style! Congratulations on losing weight & being consistent like a rock star!! You should be sooo proud of yourself!!!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! I know it took lots of discipline. You deserve it!
  • cogirljb55
    cogirljb55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, you should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Fantastic! I started at almost the same weight as you in late June and soon into my CICO diet I started reading about low carb. I steadily cut carbs and since December I eat around 25g total carbs per day. I’ve lost 78 lbs and feel better than I have in decades. I’ve learned so much about the metabolic system and now am centered on health, with weight loss being a byproduct.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!