Diagnose me please...

Options
and please don't tell me to go to the doctor. Just looking for someone who may have a similar problem.

I get dizzy when I stand up. Nearly every time I stand up, the room spins a bit and then my eyes refocus and I'm fine. I drink water - not as much as I should, but about 6 glasses per day on average. So, I don't think I'm dehydrated. I've never had Blood Pressure problems, either high or low. I eat enough. Work out a lot. Any ideas out there in MFP land?

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Get a wheel chair so you never have to stand again
  • StellaBby10
    Options
    i get dizzy when i am sleepy or hungry sometimes.
    also when i am trying to catch a cold...
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It might be postural hypotension - blood pressure drops as you stand up. This can happen if you have cut your sodium intake too much. It could also be low blood sugar if you are not eating enough or leaving too long between meals.
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Inner ear?
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You may have fluid in your ears. I've had that same problem and when I went to the doctor that's what they found. Good luck!!:smile:
  • StellaBby10
    Options
    the best cure for dizziness is drink a lotttttt of COLD COLD water and rest your head.
    you probably need more rest even if u feel like ur not tired
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i usually have the same problem, but i have a serious eating disorder ..so i guess it's different for u...maybe u overwork urself?
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    and please don't tell me to go to the doctor. Just looking for someone who may have a similar problem.

I get dizzy when I stand up. Nealy every time I stand up, the room spins a bit and then my eyes refocus and I'm fine. I drink water - not as much as I should, but about 6 glasses per day on average. So, I don't think I'm dehydrated. I've never had Blood Pressure problems, either high or low. I eat enough. Work out a lot. Any ideas out there in MFP land?

Is it possible that you don't get enough iron?

Sometimes it is just simply getting up too fast. It happens to me. But just to be sure, it couldn't hurt to get it checked out. :)
  • BigReddHair
    Options
    I have the same thing....but I know for a fact I also have low iron levels. Maybe you should get your iron levels checked out? My dad (even at 30, he's still the smartest guy i know!) says it could be low blood sugar too though.
  • Mommiepootie
    Mommiepootie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    might be vertigo. Something wrong with your inner ear. Does it happen when you bend over or go to lay down?
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private, so I can't see if it's the types of food you are eating, but it can be anything from anemia, low blood pressure (just because you've never had it doesn't mean you don't now), vitamin deficiency, vertigo, or a host of other issues...can't tell you for sure with little information.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Vertigo,due to an inner ear problem.
  • jturner01
    jturner01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Typically dizziness like that is due to low blood pressure or something called orthostatic hypotension where your BP drops when you stand up causing dizziness or the possibility of fainting.
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Could be a stress thing, that use to happen to me when I was with my ex and I was always stressed out but after we split It went away.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Might be a blood pressure change, happens to me sometime, no biggy. Just stand a little slower and drink more water, 8 - 8oz glasses is the minimum, if you're not working out.
  • mandeebabe
    Options
    Your equalibrium may be off. I know you said not to say go to the doctor, but to be honest, people online are not Doctors and your best bet would be to go see a PROFESSIONAL... not internet folk.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    My official diagnosis is...

1. Allergies/sinus issues
    2. Pregnancy
    3. Dehydration (6 glasses may not be enough, especially if you're exercising)
    4. Diabetes
    5. Hypoglycemia
    6. Hypothyroid
    7. Hyperthyroid
    8. Brain Tumor
    9. Inner Ear Problems
    10. Multiple Sclerosis
    11. Not enough calories
    12. Too much sugar in your diet, not enough protein
    13. Heart defect

Some people just get dizzy on standing. It has to do with fluctuations in your blood pressure. Go see your doctor! Seriously.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sounds like vertigo or orthostatic hypotension(http://health.yahoo.net/channel/orthostatic-hypotension.html). Try not to stand up too fast.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    That happens to me all the time... I call them head rushes. It stops me in my tracks. I tend to have low blood pressure. Doctors say it is not to low though. That's what I think it is. When I eat healthy it happens more.
  • Cchappell10
    Options
    Because you are here on MFP, I am guessing you are dieting and/or watching your calories. ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH? I know in the past when I've started dieting, if I didn't get enough calories, especially when I was working out alot, I would get symptoms matching yours exactly. May have been a specific vitamin deficiency (like iron), but I just know that when I increased my calories, the symptoms went away. Good Luck!