Salad Dressing Lovers

Options
Hi All

If you're like me you DO NOT like a dry salad unfortunately most of the cals come from the dressing. Most dressings show 2 Tbsp for serving size and cals. What I do is measure out the 2 Tbsp and add 1 to 2 Tbsp of lemon or lime juice. This gives me more dressing, a unique flavor, and the same cals! Give it a try and best of luck to ya! :bigsmile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for the post
  • katiebug3268
    katiebug3268 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So trying it tomorrow, Thanks!!! :happy:
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I would probably use 1 Tbsp and add juice to get 2 Tbsp.
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    I make ranch from greek yogurt. My husband thinks its the real thing :wink:
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    sounds great.. I will have to try it. I also use the following as a dressing. Worchestire sauce, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, garlic, and whatever herbs strike a fancy. Great taste and low calories
  • jellybelly67
    jellybelly67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just use a good balsamic vinegar and it livens it up.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Dijon Tarragon Vinnegrette
    1 lemon juiced usually 1/8 to ¼ cup of juice
    4-5 cloves of garlic
    3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    ¾ cup water
    ¼ teaspoon of pepper
    1 teaspooon of tarragon dried
    3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard

Directions:
    1. Juice lemon and place in container.
    2. Add crushed garlic, olive oil, water, pepper, tarragon, and mustard. Wisk together cover and place in fridge to allow flavors to combine.
    3. Mix well before serving

Servings 8 2 tablespoon servings Calories 24

Cooks Note: This goes well for most salads but particularly well with bbq steak, gorgonzola cheese and avocado.

This is one of my favorite ones and it is super easy to make.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Adding extra lemon or lime ROCKS (I add to a lot of steamed vegetables too)!!!:smile: I will also add different vinegars depending on what type of dressing I'm using ~ honey mustard/apple cidar vinegar, blue cheese/red wine vinegar, vinaigrettes/balsamic vinegar, ginger sesame/seasoned rice vinegar, etc. It's a great way to cut fat, lower calories and add flavor!! (yes, I have a thing for vinegar lol :wink: )
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    bump!!! these ideas are great!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Adding extra lemon or lime ROCKS (I add to a lot of steamed vegetables too)!!!:smile: I will also add different vinegars depending on what type of dressing I'm using ~ honey mustard/apple cidar vinegar, blue cheese/red wine vinegar, vinaigrettes/balsamic vinegar, ginger sesame/seasoned rice vinegar, etc. It's a great way to cut fat, lower calories and add flavor!! (yes, I have a thing for vinegar lol :wink: )

All those sound scruptious... I am a Vinegar addict as well.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I make most of my salads like a taco salad, chipotle sour cream and a decent salad is low in calories (40 for 2 tbsp of the sour cream and 20 for 2 tbsp of the salsa I use currently). Ends up being less calories (at least for me) than the dressing that I'd use.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I make most of my salads like a taco salad, chipotle sour cream and a decent salad is low in calories (40 for 2 tbsp of the sour cream and 20 for 2 tbsp of the salsa I use currently). Ends up being less calories (at least for me) than the dressing that I'd use.

ooh, great idea. I love taco salad and that has never occurred to me!!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I make ranch dressing with fat free sour cream and mix in dried minced onion, dill, parsley, fresh ground sea salt and black pepper, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning. Yum.
  • cheryl72076
    Options
    I am so happy I posted this cause all those other ideas are GREAT!! Thanks for sharing and keep up all the great work!!! :glasses: