Veggie soup?

Options
rachelpelucca
rachelpelucca Posts: 57 Member
Does anyone have any really tasty veggie soup recipes? I feel a sickness coming on and I am just dying for some delicious vegetable soup 🤤

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    Soup au pistou
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1111643/pistou-soup

The easy hacked version is to throw a bag frozen veg in a pot with a tin of haricot beans, a chopped tomato and a stock cube. Before serving, put a big dollop of commercial pesto into each bowl. A good pesto from a deli will be best but a supermarket jar will do in a pinch.
  • rachelpelucca
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Soup au pistou
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1111643/pistou-soup

The easy hacked version is to throw a bag frozen veg in a pot with a tin of haricot beans, a chopped tomato and a stock cube. Before serving, put a big dollop of commercial pesto into each bowl. A good pesto from a deli will be best but a supermarket jar will do in a pinch.

Sounds yummy thank you ☺️
  • cchristofor2018
    cchristofor2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Roast one onion, half a cauliflower, 2 cloves of garlic and a pint of cherry tomatoes. Then place in blender with 1 can of drained and rinsed artichoke hearts packed in water and as much broth as will fit. I use the large cans of College Inn Chicken or Vegtable broth. Blend until smooth and combine with remaining broth on stovetop. Warm up. Taste exactly like cream of tomato soup.

Alternate recipe: leave out tomatoes, it makes a creamy base you can add anything to! You will not believe there is no dairy in this! Enjoy.
  • rachelpelucca
    Options
    Roast one onion, half a cauliflower, 2 cloves of garlic and a pint of cherry tomatoes. Then place in blender with 1 can of drained and rinsed artichoke hearts packed in water and as much broth as will fit. I use the large cans of College Inn Chicken or Vegtable broth. Blend until smooth and combine with remaining broth on stovetop. Warm up. Taste exactly like cream of tomato soup.

Alternate recipe: leave out tomatoes, it makes a creamy base you can add anything to! You will not believe there is no dairy in this! Enjoy.

Thank you!
  • Jnhfrady
    Jnhfrady Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I just made this yesterday. It was super simple and really tastes good. The first ingredient is a large plastic bottle of regular V8- the rest is canned veggies with their juices. 1 regular sized can of everything except the green beans and carrots were 2 cans. 1 envelope of chili seasoning. I added about 1 cup of water as well. Seriously, some of the best veggie soup I’ve made. 61 calories per cup and it made 25 cups, so plenty to freeze too.
    en0wn77r8z7s.png