Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need some prayers please

BrandNewLaura
BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys, I haven't been around much lately due to my surgery...but I popped in to ask for some prayers...my surgery went well and my stitches came out on Thursday, but the incision on my lower back keeps opening up, and I am just praying that it will heal up soon and will not get infected. My other incision has healed up fairly well and I don't have to bandage it at all, but the one on my back seems to be getting wider and ripping apart more than getting smaller and closing up, which means I have to constantly keep a bandage on it. I am scared, not to mention how much it hurts...would appreciate some prayer that this will heal up quickly and on its own without anymore stitches or an infection. TIA

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    Hey guys, I haven't been around much lately due to my surgery...but I popped in to ask for some prayers...my surgery went well and my stitches came out on Thursday, but the incision on my lower back keeps opening up, and I am just praying that it will heal up soon and will not get infected. My other incision has healed up fairly well and I don't have to bandage it at all, but the one on my back seems to be getting wider and ripping apart more than getting smaller and closing up, which means I have to constantly keep a bandage on it. I am scared, not to mention how much it hurts...would appreciate some prayer that this will heal up quickly and on its own without anymore stitches or an infection. TIA
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    I wish you all the very best and a safe and speedy recovery :flowerforyou:
  • prayers to you Laura
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    I will deffinately be keeping you in my prayers. I know that God is a good God and he hears every request. I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery! If you need any bit of encouragement or just someone to vent too about just feeling worried, alone, or stressed, feel free to shoot me a message and I will do the best I can!

Keep us updated!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member

You got it sweetie Prayer going up for Laura right now.
  • I will pray for you Laura! :happy: Just remember, God doesn't put us through things that we can't get through..I know it's probably a struggle right now but you will get through this! Keep smiling and know that we are here for you! :wink:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Laura,
    This is more common than not, so hang in there and follow the Dr. instructions and you will do fine!
    Just think how much easier you made this surgery on your body with your weight loss and healthier habits, your body will thank you for it and heal itself! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Sending one up for you Laura take care:heart::flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    hope you feel better soon
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Laura, praying for God to put His healing touch upon you.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Lifting you up in prayer.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    You'r in my prayers. Take care!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Laura - surgical wounds often have to heal from the inside out and it seems to be more common in back wounds. Be patient. Keep it clean - let your Doc know what's going on - and do not overdo it activity-wise.

I pray for speed in healing and for God to take away any discomfort you may be feeling. Rest, let Him do His work:flowerforyou:

lulu:heart:
  • Laura, praying for you and want you to know that God can do anything but fail!!! Jehovah Raffa "The Lord our Healer"

Levenia
  • BrandNewLaura
    Thank you all for the kind words and prayers...I had a short work day today and have off tomorrow so I will be able to keep it low key (no bending or moving around a whole lot). I am really praying that this will heal up a bit by Saturday...I am supposed to be babysitting the sweetest baby in our nursery at church and of course I wont be much good if I can't bend down to pick him up or carry him...I've been looking forward to this for weeks now, and although I am not trying to put a time limit on God, it would be so great if He did some major healing by then. All in His timing though...meanwhile just keeping it clean and lying down as much as possible so as not to put any extra strain on the incision...thanks again everyone. I thank you all for the continued prayers.
This discussion has been closed.