What kind of coffee do you drink? Light, medium, dark? With what in it? I’m curious.

Replies

• 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Medium or dark roast, one cancer packet (either pink or yellow, depending on my mood).

When I use the machine at work I double down - a normal cup topped with a double- or triple-espresso shot.

MOAR CAFF-EEN!
  • striving4moretoday
    striving4moretoday Posts: 60 Member
    zv86vs4sqhax.giflight med dark does not matter to me. hot w creamer. mmmm
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited March 2019
    I like light roast best for drip coffee, cold brew, and French press; I use a dark roast or espresso beans for my moka pot and espresso machine. Lately I've been using Cafe du Monde (blue can, no chicory) in the moka pot, pouring it over ice, and adding juuuuust a little milk or sweet cream. If I have hot coffee I tend to just use creamer, usually hazelnut, a scant tablespoon's worth.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Honestly, I'll drink coffee just about any way its given to me. Cheap coffee needs a little more cream/milk, but a good quality coffee can be drank black.

That being said, I usually buy a medium roast coffee and add maybe a tablespoon of sugar-free coffee creamer or a splash of milk with splenda. I don't need much in my coffee.
  • gaeason4950
    gaeason4950 Posts: 2 Member
    I drink Peet's Decaf Dark Roast. I am trying to avoid caffeine. Peet's has a full bodied flavor and no aftertaste. I also like Starbucks Decaf.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    I like my coffee like my soul - Dark and black. Me at Starbucks - "The largest black coffee you have, please." "No, no room for cream or sugar." "No, really, no room for cream or sugar."

I still get room for cream and sugar. >.<

I heard someone at the coffee shop the other day order a non-fat decaf latte. I about fell out of my seat.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,986 Member
    I like my coffee like my soul - Dark and black. Me at Starbucks - "The largest black coffee you have, please." "No, no room for cream or sugar." "No, really, no room for cream or sugar."

I still get room for cream and sugar. >.<

I heard someone at the coffee shop the other day order a non-fat decaf latte. I about fell out of my seat.

I've ordered that. That order translates to "I'm a traveling ovo-lacto vegetarian who needs more protein, but it's close to bedtime." ;)
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    I use to always put milk in my coffee until I discovered I was drinking my calories. Now I drink it black.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Liamsm0m wrote: »
    Kroger premium pod or ground - with sugar free hazelnut creamer or sometimes just a regular flavored creamer. I don’t measure. This is daily “treat”. I don’t usually have a craving for sweets. If I do it’s 1-2 pieces of dove chocolate. But doing my coffee this way seems to keep my sweets at bay.

I also like making it iced.

I recently saw people adding vanilla or caramel premier protein to their coffee. I have bought it to try it that way.

Never heard of this additive. Thanks for the mention, I'll check it out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Usually a medium roast...grind the beans fresh every morning. Usually Colombian or Guatemalan in origin. I usually drink my coffee black, but sometimes my wife gets a dark roast and I cut the bitterness with some 1/2 and 1/2.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited March 2019
    Dark roast black pot of coffee.
    1 mug with MCT powder.
    1 mug with heavy cream and MCT oil.
    Remaining coffee black.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    I usually drink dark roast. I currently am working my way through some Peet's kcups. I like my coffee with either coffee creamer or half-and-half with a packet of Splenda.
  • JustTrackinIt
    JustTrackinIt Posts: 26 Member
    Chameleon Cold Brew - they sell it at whole foods here in Austin. 10 kcal and 250 mg of caffeine a serving tastes good with several flavors
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    I like dark- French roast or Italian. I buy beans at the store and grind them at home. I use half and half and sugar and I weigh my coffee on the scale. I put my big mug of brewed (pour over) coffee on the scale, tare, and add 10 grams of sugar and 2 oz of half and half. This makes my perfect cup of coffee, and it’s only 119 calories. And, bonus- it always turns out just how I like it with no guesswork, no more oops I put too much sugar in!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    On weekdays I drink whichever kind of dark roast was a bargain at the discount grocery. I add either cashew milk or skim, sometimes with a splash of sugar free vanilla syrup.

On weekends when I have time to enjoy it, it’s a freshly ground bean city roast from the Congo, with half and half.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Dark, and I drink it black
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Dark roast. 2 cream, 2 sugar.
  • cmjlavallee
    cmjlavallee Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2019
    Medium roast, flavored coffees. I'm now using Nutpods after doing Whole 30 in January! Really enjoy them!
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Dark roast with collagen, heavy cream, and agave.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Medium to Dark. One sugar cube, and ~ 3T of half & half, filled to the top of 16oz cup with coffee.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Med to dark and I put med to dark coffee in it. I used to do creamer and artificial sweetener but gave that up about three months ago. I haven't put anything in my coffee or tea since.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Light to medium roasts with a splash of unsweetened almond or cashew milk + A bit of truvia
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    I used to drink Starbucks dark but found I only liked a few of them, now I’ve switched to medium and I love it. I go to a store that serves it super hot and I add a sweet n low and some half and half. I only drink it in the morning and only once.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Medium to dark roast with half and half. The Great Value Blond Roast is really nice. And cheap. I also enjoy the occasional flavored coffee, with Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce at the top of my list.

However...if I'm drinking iced coffee I like it strong with a little sweetener and a splash of milk. My local DD knows my large blueberry with skim and 3 Splendas.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Dunkin’ Donuts, made in an upscale Mr. Coffee, black.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 494 Member
    Dark roast, filtered water, pourover, black. I grind my own beans most mornings, and use 21 grams of grounds for a 12 oz pour.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 494 Member
    Peet’s Italian Roast...

I love Peet's! Ages ago the guys in my dorm would bulk mailorder Peet's. It was a special occasion when the postman brought the stuff.

• mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Usually a medium roast. I add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract to my 20 ounce to go cup. About once a week I'll add a packet of artificial sweetener.
    Summer I will often do a cold brew with the peppermint added.
    Other extract flavors work to.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Dark roast coffee beans, usually kicking horse, but currently we are drinking coffee I brought home from Cuba, in our regular drip machine, is our regular morning coffee. I drink mine black. My husband just bought me an espresso machine for my birthday so now in the later morning and on the weekends I drink a double shot espresso with heavy whipping cream for my “treat” coffee, sometimes I will steam up some milk and have a “flat white” type of coffee, we are having fun playing with this machine when we have time for it!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    light roast, black

currently have a kona blend
    and a highlanders grogg