The Rock and Metal music thread.

Options

Replies

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing Tool this summer!

I missed tix for their concert in Vienna, which was closest to me :neutral:
    Maynard James Keenan is one of the best progressive / alt singers out there. I love everything that he put his voice behind - Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer.

Used to be a big metal fan when I was in high school. From Manowar to In Flames, from Arch Enemy to Theatre of Tragedy, it was all my stuff.

Some things I still listen to sometimes. Dream Theater and Foo Fighters stuck with me most.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. Have been a metalhead since I was a teenager in the 80's. Still lean heavily on 80-90's metal (Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer & Machine Head are some of my favorites) but finding myself liking a lot of newer bands as well.
  • BreenaBean5
    BreenaBean5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Maynard’s voice does things to me...it’s happy.
  • BreenaBean5
    Options
    I’ve also been on a Queens of the Stone Age kick. Frickin heart those dudes.
  • BreenaBean5
    Options
    Best live Metal show you’ve ever seen?

Mine?

Rage Against The Machine.

They’re technically not metal, but I *kitten* died and came back to life that night. Such energy, such sound and just pure movement in that place.

Close second, Manson. Sorry but the dude put on an amazing *kitten* show in 1998. So glad I got to witness him back then!! It helps that I was super young and very impressionable. Now? I’m like, pffffft, seen it, NEXT! 🤣🤣
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Been listening to highly suspect lately
    https://youtu.be/l5-gja10qkw

Me too. It's a great warm-up song.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I just came across Mongolian metal recently. Can't understand a word they're saying but who cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4xZUr0BEfE
  • Jaynerose626
    Jaynerose626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Five finger death punch and Killswitch engage.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Seeing Disturbed in May - can’t wait!

I also have a good squat list with stuff like Stand Up (All That Remains), Rise Up (Asking Alexandria), Down With The Sickness (Disturbed) - you get the picture!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure where she fits, but I'm over heels with her voice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5acxZzjYfMQ
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Five finger death punch and Killswitch engage.

Killswitch is awesome. Spent Sunday at the gym just jamming Killswitch. Missed FFDP when they came around this time and have yet to see them. Don't miss Killswitch, seen them a few times.
  • TheBigYin1984
    TheBigYin1984 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Best live Metal show you’ve ever seen?

Mine?

Rage Against The Machine.

They’re technically not metal, but I *kitten* died and came back to life that night. Such energy, such sound and just pure movement in that place.

Close second, Manson. Sorry but the dude put on an amazing *kitten* show in 1998. So glad I got to witness him back then!! It helps that I was super young and very impressionable. Now? I’m like, pffffft, seen it, NEXT! 🤣🤣

Corey Taylor when he done a acoustic set at Download. To this day probably the best thing I have seen live,!
  • heidilore76
    heidilore76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love metal, but my tastes are a little outside the mainstream for even most metal fans. lol
  • TheBigYin1984
    Options
    I love metal, but my tastes are a little outside the mainstream for even most metal fans. lol

All are welcome here :wink:
  • heidilore76
    heidilore76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Acacia Strain, Last Ten Seconds of Life, Eyehategod, HAARP, Pantera, Thou
  • lelder14
    lelder14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve got a lot of female fronted bands in heavy rotation. Halestorm is my favorite (seen them live 4x) but also The Pretty Reckless and In This Moment.

I’ve also got some Breaking Benjamin, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, Volbeat, and many other awesome bands on my playlist
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Honestly not a true metal fan - I'm so lame reading through these thinking of what I listen to which is more goth/electro - but I do like Lamb of God, Mastodon, Slayer and OLD Metallica (think 80s Metallica).
  • TheBigYin1984
    Options

Acacia Strain, Last Ten Seconds of Life, Eyehategod, HAARP, Pantera, Thou

I know Pantera out of those lol.