Clean Eating Question

Options
Hi there,

So for those of you that eat clean...do you still stay within the MFP calorie guidelines while eating clean and trying to lose weight?

Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• crystalmichelle82
    Options
    for the most part, except i eat a lot more protein than what they list b/c i am trying to build lean muscle. you are welcome to look at my diary.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i absolutely

feel free to view my diary.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I usually stay within the calories ( I don't go over that often). I'm vegan and limit the processed stuff as much as possible so I don't find that to be too difficult to do.
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    The more I eat "clean" and healthy the less I log. It's not so easy for me to log a veggie-stir-fry without anything similar in the database. I'm coming closer to listening to myself the better my diet gets.

Logging my exercise is more important for me because then I KNOW and SEE that I've done something!
  • Molldoll0702
    Molldoll0702 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for the quick responses!!!
  • confidenceiskey
    Options
    I tend to stay under my calorie limit, but I almost ALWAYS exceed my protein limit. But I'm a fan of protein and building lean, toned muscles so it depends on what you're trying to achieve, I guess. :)
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to the MFP guidlines. I set my own diet proportions (protein:carb:fat). I realize this isn't for everyone, but it is imperative one listens to their body and what it likes/doesn't like. On my high calorie days for example I'll have over 3k calories, however, my fat intake on those days (and most days) doesn't exceed 25-30g.

What IS important if you're trying to lose weight is your calorie deficit. Make sure you incur a calorie deficit each day and you should be well on your way.

Best of luck!