Let’s be weird friends!

Options
So I’ve *again* made the decision to get into shape and lose weight. I don’t openly tell my family or friends partly because I don’t want judgement but mostly so they see me a year from now and react like “DAMNNNNN GIRL”. You know how people make comments like “oh, you’re dieting again?” Yes, again. It feels *kitten* when they say it like they’ve already watched you fail before. It feels *kitten* but they aren’t wrong, I may not like their choice of words but I can’t hold them accountable for my previous failures.

I’m ranting but it’s hard to not have a fitness friend going through the mud with you. I’ve been watching Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition and I want my own Chris. I want to be somebody’s Chris. They’re there to support you and not just saying “oh that’s great” with no emotion or belief but to actually praise you through every step or half step. I want to be like “You mean to tell me you had pizza in the house during a craving and instead ate healthy? Well slap my *kitten* and call me Sally! That’s f**king amazing!”

I’ve set goals similar to the goals in the above mentioned tv series (long term want to lose 80). And I’m freaking DEADSET on doing it this time. If you need a fitness friend that is weird, dedicated and cusses a lot, I’m ya girl.

Replies

• shirgify
    shirgify Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I'm sitting here trying not to eat a tub of candy candy ice cream. I ate a bowl of strawberries. Let's be best friends.

I'm getting there with my goals, been some setbacks. Still ways to go. I can help cheer you on.