Caro239 Posts: 46 Member
What do you think of my diary?

If you can be bothered to have a look!

Thanks for your opinions on how I can eat better to lose weight. :smile:

Replies

• amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're doing good. I am on a 1200 calorie diet too and its hard for me most days without exercise to keep it down. How much have you lost so far?
  • confidenceiskey
    Options
    I think overall it's pretty good.
    You might want to focus some of the calories from dinner in breakfast.
    Breakfast should be the biggest meal of day! And if you eat more and breakfast, guaranteed you'll be less hungry later on. :)
    And Skinny Cow products are great snacks, good choice.

Hope this helped. xx
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i agree that 1200 is probably too low (how tall are you?)

it looks like your protein % setting is a bit low...you want to shoot for 0.7 * your body weight in grams of protein (probably closer to 30 or 40% of your daily intake)
  • Lizzo91
    Lizzo91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks good :) Looks like you have a nice bit of variety. I'm on 1200 calories a day which is very limiting you've just got to limit your snacks or choose healthier options which you seem to have done with the skinny cow chocolate/ice cream. I like hot chocolate so I have a low calorie/sugar/fat hot choc I use which makes a big difference, also helps cure my chocolate cravings. Porridge is my favourite breakfast with raisins and its warm and filling for the day :)
  • Caro239
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments so far.

I have lost about 22lbs so far, slightly more as I lost a bit before finding mfp. I am now a bit of an addict!

I find it hard not to eat most early in the day because I feel like I will then go over in the evening, also I am cooking for my boyfriend too in the evening and then I find it harder to resist more of what I fancy. I have a lot more willpower during the day. I know... excuses excuses, I will try!

I am 5'4" and I do tend to go over on my protein, If I change it do I need to then alter other nutrients too?

I don't find 1200 too bad but much prefer the days when I manage to exercise! I find if I plan the day in advance it is easier to fit in things I feel I want.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Baked beans in tomato sauce sounds soooooooooo gooooooood to me! I don't think we have that here in Tennessee. At least, I've never seen it...
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks really good, but yes your breakfast or lunch should be your heaviest meal unless you are exercising late. What are you doing for exercise??
  • Caro239
    Options
    Baked beans in tomato sauce sounds soooooooooo gooooooood to me! I don't think we have that here in Tennessee. At least, I've never seen it...

Really? I'm surprised, they are very common, everyone in England has heard of heinz baked beans, http://www.heinz.com/our-food/products/bakedbeans.aspx
    They are quite good for you too, although high in sugar. I'm sure you could make something similar.
  • Caro239
    Options
    I do bootcamp once a week, I have been swimming quite a lot recently. I was using xbox kinect to workout at home but I have been slacking recently, need to do more. My daughter is 18months and I have no family close so childcare is a bit of an issue! I do walk with her most days but I don't log it as I am down as lightly active already. I dont have a hrm and I think mfp tends to over estimate how many calories I burn so I try to log less calories, or not eat them all back just incase.
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I noticed 2 plums but other than that I dont see any fresh fruit or vegetables unless I missed them. I would try to make a slow transition to as much whole grain and fresh products as you can. Good luck!