mummy_h Posts: 103 Member
Is it worth paying for the app

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I dont think so.

But if you'd find the features that you get with premium useful, then go for it.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with the free MFP and the great support I get from members.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on how big an expense $50 a year is. If it's something that you'll feel in the wallet, you can definitely do without it. But if its not that big an expense I think it's a decent value. Getting rid of the ads is a big benefit and a few of the extra features come in handy.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I do find some of the features useful enough to pay (macros in grams, exercise calories custom %'s to macros, g/% macro switch, custom dashboard, and quick-add macros).

If you haven't come across an option you wanted to change, but couldn't because it's premium, then you probably wouldn't find it useful. (The additional settings are all visible in free, but just locked).
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Definitely not necessary. As Mikey said, it depends on your budget. Ad free is nice though.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I'd consider a one-off payment to go ad-free. However, the features in the premium version would not have made a scrap of difference when it came to my weight loss, nor would it for maintenance. Maybe with different goals it may have been different, but for the average person, I don't see the money as being worth it.
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not necessary but the perks are pretty cool, just depends on if you don’t mind spending the money or not!