SAHM - 3 YO

Options
motherknowsbest88
motherknowsbest88 Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2019 in Getting Started
Hey!
I am a SAHM! My little boy has just started daycare x2 days a week and I’m desperately trying not to spend 2 days sitting down eating rubbish food!

Looking to lose 100lb :#

Replies

• LisaLethal
    LisaLethal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You got this! I have a 3 year old as well... but work 48+ hours a week. I can imagine the struggle being home... I find my weekends are more of a challenge because I'm fighting boredom and the accessibility to all of the food in the fridge and pantry! I would like to lose around 60 lbs total. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    What hours will he be at daycare? If you have to drop him off and pick him up then at least that gives your day structure and a schedule.

Are there any activities you enjoy? Just getting outside for a walk helps tremendously, if possible. Take some quiet time to yourself, too. Read or watch a TV program, etc. I'd just suggest not snacking during those times.
  • MamaBear517
    MamaBear517 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m a SAHM too. I have 4 kids ages 4 to 11. I’d love to have some more mom friends.
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Also a stay at home mum with a 3yo and 1yo. I go to the gym while they are in childcare or when they are not I do weights at home. In the evenings when hubby gets home I go running.

I've sent you a friend request. Anyone else is free to add.

I've got over 100lbs to lose and done 62 so far x
  • dippy_duck
    dippy_duck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m a SAHM too. I find it difficult making 3 meals and 2 snacks for my little girl as it tempts me to pick and snack constantly. Really trying to kick that habit! I’d love more mum friends- please everyone feel free to add me
  • Tiamarie619
    Tiamarie619 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too! I have a 9 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. I find it so much easier to just eat because I'm at home all the time😩 any mamas feel free to add me!
  • treas18bailey
    treas18bailey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a SAHM of 3 girls - 14, 5 & 2. I am restarting my journey here and would love some other mom friends, everyone feel free to add me.
  • quoteloveunquote
    quoteloveunquote Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When my kids first were in preschool for a few hours, it took me awhile to figure out that it was a good time to meet friends for walks/runs and go grocery shopping/do food prep. Then I went and ruined it by having two more kids :smile:

(Now I'm homeschooling my oldest two while my one and three year olds destroy the house, and I'm struggling to find balance again.)
  • alliemaeg89
    alliemaeg89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!! Part time SAHM here (7 y/o girl, 3 y/o boy), I work when I have childcare, but that's at random lol. I've been at this for 8 years, 7 years of WL progress, the first year I was pregnant and holding at my start weight. Now I'm trying to lose the last 5-10 lbs and tone up my body as much as nature will allow at this point 😂. My biggest struggle is not eating the crap the kids eat LOL. I try swapping out the less healthy versions of our favs for healthier versions. Feel free to add, I'm new to the community section still so I haven't figured all that out lol.
  • kellywoo82
    kellywoo82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a part time SAHM as I work outside the home 2 days a week. Usually Mondays and Fridays.I get 10,000+ steps on those days. I've also started going to a cardio drumming class on Thursdays but the rest of the days are a struggle to get motivated. I've been dealing with PPD and anxiety since the birth of my 2 yo. My kiddos are 12, 6, 2, and 13 months. Would love to meet some other moms on here to go on this journey with. Please add me!
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    When my kids first were in preschool for a few hours, it took me awhile to figure out that it was a good time to meet friends for walks/runs and go grocery shopping/do food prep. Then I went and ruined it by having two more kids :smile:

(Now I'm homeschooling my oldest two while my one and three year olds destroy the house, and I'm struggling to find balance again.)

I homeschool my three kids, there is no balance LOL :p Between the kids and the pets and the renovations we're doing on our 150 yr old house, I live in organized chaos! Love my life though and wouldn't want it any other way :)

Welcome to the group OP!

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

I homeschool as well! I have a K, a PK3 (just does school because K child does) and an 18 month old.
  • kathiethomison1
    kathiethomison1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!! Part time SAHM here (7 y/o girl, 3 y/o boy), I work when I have childcare, but that's at random lol. I've been at this for 8 years, 7 years of WL progress, the first year I was pregnant and holding at my start weight. Now I'm trying to lose the last 5-10 lbs and tone up my body as much as nature will allow at this point 😂. My biggest struggle is not eating the crap the kids eat LOL. I try swapping out the less healthy versions of our favs for healthier versions. Feel free to add, I'm new to the community section still so I haven't figured all that out lol.

• kathiethomison1
    kathiethomison1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went to my first cardio drumming class today and it was awesome but so completely exhausting and taxing! I haven’t worked out in over a year, and this is super high intensity.
  • kellywoo82
    kellywoo82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went to my first cardio drumming class today and it was awesome but so completely exhausting and taxing! I haven’t worked out in over a year, and this is super high intensity.

I LOVE cardio drumming! My thighs hurt for 4 days after my first class.