"What’s in a name? That which we call a rose,
    By any other name would smell as sweet."

Juliet
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    vivb4lnboddd.jpeg
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.” -Victor Hugo
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited March 2019
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house".

George Carlin
  • corrarjo
    “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.” -Victor Hugo
    I write the songs that make the whole world sing
    I write the songs of love and special things
    I write the songs that make the young girls cry
    I write the songs, I write the songs

I am music and I write the songs

Barry Manilow
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    “Only when standing in the dark can you see the light, and let that force guide you home. It’s not the intensity, but the presence—and your willingness to watch for it.”—Harrison Mueller
  • corrarjo
    "... the greatest risk we'll ever take is by far
    To stand in the light and be seen as we are..."

Jordan Smith
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    You look in the mirror, ‘you like what you see and you see what you like.’
  • corrarjo
    “The alchemist picked up a book that someone in the caravan had brought. Leafing through the pages, he found a story about Narcissus.

The alchemist knew the legend of Narcissus, a youth who knelt daily beside a lake to contemplate his own beauty. He was so fascinated by himself that, one morning, he fell into the lake and drowned. At the spot where he fell, a flower was born, which was called the narcissus.

But this was not how the author of the book ended the story.

He said that when Narcissus died, the goddesses of the forest appeared and found the lake, which had been fresh water, transformed into a lake of salty tears.

'Why do you weep?' the goddesses asked.

'I weep for Narcissus," the lake replied.

'Ah, it is no surprise that you weep for Narcissus,' they said, 'for though we always pursued him in the forest, you alone could contemplate his beauty close at hand.'

'But... was Narcissus beautiful?' the lake asked.

'Who better than you to know that?' the goddesses asked in wonder. 'After all, it was by your banks that he knelt each day to contemplate himself!'

The lake was silent for some time. Finally, it said:

'I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected.'

'What a lovely story,' the alchemist thought.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
  • corrarjo
    "You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"

Rick Nelson, Garden Party.
  • corrarjo
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Marcus Aurelius
  • corrarjo
    He throws an angry tantrum if he doesn't get his way.
    Then calls for Mom and sucks his thumb.
    He doesn't won't to play.
    Too late to be known as John the first, he's sure to be known as John the worst...
    Prince John the phoney king of England.
    - Little John, voiced by Phil Harris in Disney's animated version of Robin Hood/also one of my daughter's favorite movie songs when she was little.

You may want to watch "The Lion In Winter" with Peter O'toole and Katherine Hepburn.

• corrarjo
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you".

Steven Wright
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    We wash ourselves to rid us of the dirt, the dust of the streets. But it's upon the same that the greatest monuments are built, treasures of mankind that are revered and worshiped. What is the blood of man, without the soil that we stand upon? -- Holland Mercer
  • corrarjo
    “You crushed us to build your monarchy on the backs of our blood and bone. Your mistake wasn't keeping us alive. it was thinking we'd never fight back”
    ― Tomi Adeyemi, Children of Blood and Bone
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it.
    Jimmy Dean
  • corrarjo
    You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it.
    Jimmy Dean

"You've got to be in it to win it".

What drives the lottery.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    j8eqcmxc2bxx.jpg