Need motivation please

mooi
mooi Posts: 17
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been with MFP for 3 weeks, but so far i only lost 5 lbs. I'm so dissappointed with the result. I'm doing my exercise 3 times a week (30 minutes run on the machine) and control my diet for at least 1200 calories.

Can someone explains to me why my weight so difficult to go down????

I need motivation from all of you....Please!

Thanks

142450.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• mooi
    I've been with MFP for 3 weeks, but so far i only lost 5 lbs. I'm so dissappointed with the result. I'm doing my exercise 3 times a week (30 minutes run on the machine) and control my diet for at least 1200 calories.

Can someone explains to me why my weight so difficult to go down????

I need motivation from all of you....Please!

Thanks

142450.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Up your excercise routine to 5 days a week at 60minutes even if you can only walk or jog it. 5lbs in 3 weeks is good and steady just keep working at it. Sometimes u have to challenge yourself.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    That's roughly a 1.6 loss per week which is really good, in my opinion.

Stick with it.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    5lbs in 3 weeks is good- just keep at it the weight isn't going to come off over night it didn't come on that way so it won't- One of the keys to weight loss is Patience- It takes time just stick it out

When the scale doesn't move try measuring yourself to see if you dropped any inches
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Actually, you've done pretty well. Youve lost more than a pound a week, If you were like me, with 200 plus pounds to lose, then you would be able to drop five lbs a week in your first weeks. Its all relative. Do you feel better since you started? Do you have more energy, more flexibility or more strength? Do your clothes fit differently? Sometimes, as you make changes in your activity level, your body is shifting from fat to muscle, which is heavier. So, you don't see on the scales what you can see in the fit of your clothing. You're doing great!:bigsmile:
  • mooi
    Thanks for the reply

Yes, i'm felling much better and i can feel that my pants a bit loose.

Can I eat the carbs (rice, noodle, or bread)? then how you control your calories?

Thanks
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    For me, I do better if I limit carbs and eat more vegies and lean meat. There are a lot of arguments for and against carbs. We all have to find our own way.:huh:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    I am so impressed! You a right on track!!! You don't want to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week. Studies have found that people who lose 1-2 pounds per week tend to KEEP IT OFF!!! That's the most important part!!! :happy: So keep up the great work!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    I agree with all the others. You are doing well. In fact, with exercise you are probably losing fat and not water. I started about 4 weeks ago and as of last Monday I went from 240 down to 234. I joined here on Tuesday so I started here at 234. That is a little over a pound a week for me. I am doing 45 minutes of cardio and 15 min of weight training 6 times a week. Don't expect 5 to 10 pounds a week and don't get discouraged. Just remember. If you are doing exercise you are losing fat and adding muscle as well. Muscle tissue weighs more. Besides, I have always heard fast weight loss is not good because it can lead to a Yo Yo effect. Gradual weight loss is better. Stay on course. You are headed in the right direction.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Don't get discouraged!!:flowerforyou: You're doing great! As for carbs, they should be a part of a healthy diet, but try to aim for whole grains, brown rice, etc. in moderation. I LOVE my pasta, so I have started measuring the cooked noodles to get an appropriate amount. Keep it up!!
  • I recently lost 65 pounds in a matter of 6 months. My main choice for exercise was weight lifting. My goal (due to vanity) was fat loss and toning. I did not care as much about the cardiac benefits.

I used a BowFlex and designed my own program and wrote it down, so that I could remember what I did and in what order. I did the exercises 7 days a week, about 40 minutes a day. (I am a little OCD, so I do it all or nothing- so I could not skip a day, or I stop completely.)

I also recorded what I ate every day- including the calorie counts. I did not really try to restrict calories so much as to be aware of them. What I did discover is that the days that I ate 3 scrambled eggs with a pinch of cheese and ham, and a bunch of veggies, and a wedge of cantaloupe on the side, I had a more controlled dietary intake for the rest of the day. I also discovered that this lead to the greatest weight loss over the next day or 2.

I recommend adding weights to your routine. Keep the treadmill if you enjoy it, but remember that you do not burn stored fat in the first 20 minutes of continuous exercise- you are primarily burning the glucose out of your muscles for the 'instant' energy. So keep it at a steadier and slower pace so that you can go for at least 45 minutes to an hour to get a fat burning benefit.

Good luck to you!
  • mooi
    Hi Gggivens

Thanks for your information, really appreciate it =)

Will try your advice and see what will happen to my "fat" body :flowerforyou:

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.