Shaken, but ok!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm here in Maryland and trying to get over the shock of the earthquake we just experienced. I had to drink at least 2 glasses of wine and on my 3rd to calm my nerves--calories, calories, calories!! But its a good excuse right??? I'll hit the treadmill and weights later tonight! I'm glad to be in great company and plan to stick to this weight loss tool! Talk to you all later!

Slim...

Replies

• mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you are ok... :) .... now put down the third drink.... You are fine, everyone is ok... just put it down... You can do it.... LOL :) Just kidding!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm still trapped in DC, stupid transit system and the Feds shutting down early but it's alright, just means multiple glasses of wine this evening too...you know...to settle my nerves ;) I'll send a toast out to you as well!
  • civicexracer
    Options
    I'm in Maryland aswell. I had a nice pizza once my house stopped swaying lol. Wine is always a good excuse :)
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think an earthquake is as good a reason as any to get boozed up!!! Just don't start claiming to feel an earthquake every week, lol. Glad you're doing okay after all that :)
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    oh man, I'm in VA and I didn't even think of that!! Gotta get my drink on later tonight :D
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    We had minor shakes in Marlton today too...
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm in NJ and my office building shook for at least 30 seconds. It was truly frightening. Hang in there and I agree that wine is ok given today's events :))
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    glad you are all ok. I'm in South Carolina. I work nights and I was asleep in the bed and I felt it. It woke me up. I thought my dog had jumped on the bed. Just a gentle shaking of the bed. I'm sure it was nothing like what you felt.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am in Newark, Delaware and we felt it pretty bad here. I was at work and my whole building shook and we had to evacuate. No one hurt but scared me....I felt like I needed a Xanax before I could go back into work...haha
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are OK...my building here in NYC and several of the surrounding were briefly evacuated due to today's events. I was out for my lunchtime walk so thankfully didn't have to walk down 31 flights of stairs! I just thought I was having a dizzy spell until I found out what happened. I hope everyone is OK! Enjoy your wine! Very good excuse!!! :drinker:
  • smallerme88
    Options
    Oddly enough, here in California it has been quiet for a while.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I miss a good shaker. CA been quiet as of late. Not to be mean, but I'm laughing as I read these since earthquakes don't really faze us here in CA. Of course we have much better building codes than most states too.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    there has been way to much shaking going on today in more ways than one
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    there has been way to much shaking going on today in more ways than one

Bahahaha...did you say shake?
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I miss a good shaker. CA been quiet as of late. Not to be mean, but I'm laughing as I read these since earthquakes don't really faze us here in CA. Of course we have much better building codes than most states too.

Which is not normal for cali being that i was born and raised in cali!!!!!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Glad you're okay!
  • Pinkavenue
    Options
    Felt the aftershock in my car in Delaware.......my car just started rocking back and forth. I had no idea what was happening. With shaking hands, I beelined it to the dollar store for a bag of gummy bears. If the dollar store sold vodka, I would have bought some.
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My dogs were acting jittery just before the tremble.I hope to never experience this again. I will imagine I am having a glass of wine.
  • kimcatania
    Options
    Man, my first earthquake and I totally missed it. I'm in Gettysburg and was in a theatre with my neice to see Smurfs. Neither of us felt it or knew anything about it until I got her home! FYI- for anyone thinking about seeing the Smurfs.... the 5.8 woulda been more entertaining. And I think my 11 year old niece would agree!
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am finding it 2 b a great tool...I love it. Uhmm, wine sounds nice I have a whole bottle n my fridge - been there for over a month, lol
    I just don't think it's worth all the hard work I am putting in.
    Although, I can't say that about the fried catfish i just had...LOL but I am under my calorie limit... still not ok :blushing: