Fitbits.. worth buying?

Options
Really interested in the charge 3 but after reading the review for a hour I’m thinking I shouldn’t spend 160$ on something that has tons of glitches and a incorrect calorie counter... send help pls

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I was gifted a Charge 3 recently. I know they are not 100% accurate (none of them are, not just Fitbit).

The upside I have found of having it is that I actually make conscious decisions to like take the stairs instead of wait for the lift (for example). So it's helping me raise my NEAT levels. I kind of use it more as a step tracker.

However, in terms of calories, I think it's more or less adequate I haven't noticed much difference between that the Charge says or the treadmill says for example.

I still need to compare it with my Polar HRM calories during a workout but I had some Polar issues and needed to swap batteries and then keep forgetting to take it to the gym. Or take it and forget to put it on. Or put it, on and turn the app on but don't press the start button...

yeah, brain.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Options
    I was going between the Charge 3 and the Versa. Decided to get the Charge. Hoping I don't have any issues. I wish I taken a closer look at Garmin options.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have the charge 2 and love it! I find the calories burned pretty accurate
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    answering even though I have Apple Watch ....these trackers help with motivation. Plus I can see and respond to the workouts that my friends do.
    it doesn't really matter if any of them are 100% accurate because they keep our minds a little bit more fitness focused. of course not everyone needs this.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I also second the Fitbit Charge for being a good motivator to get extra exercise. I have also had good experience with customer services making free of charge replacements when my devices have failed for various reasons so don’t let hardware issues put you off.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge 2 and love it. I have never regretted buying it.
  • Nativestar56
    Nativestar56 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge 2 and also love it. The GPS isn't great but my phone isn't listed as a supported device so that might not be Fitbit's problem. I like that it automatically registers my morning bike commute and I find its pretty accurate for most things.

Whether its worth buying depends on what you expect to get out of it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i don't have a fitbit but my garmin helps me tremendously with my weightloss
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I had a Charge2 and "upgraded" to the Versa... I like the Charge2 better...
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I started with an Omrom pedometer, then went to the first Fitbit( can't remember the name) & when it broke, got a One (the pocket one that I don't think they make anymore), and now I have a Charge 2. I find they do help me have more movement in my day. I kinda want the Charge 3 since waterproof, but as long as my 2 is going, I can't see spending the money. I will definitely get another when my Charge 2 conks out.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I had a Charge2 and "upgraded" to the Versa... I like the Charge2 better...

I actually did the same thing and LOVE my Versa more than the Charge2. I like the design and layout much better. I personally think it over estimates my work out calories by a lot (or I'm putting more effort in than I think I am) but it was that way with my Charge 2 (would need to go back to my Polar for something more accurate). I love the reminders to move and am definitely more active because of it. Plus having all of my notifications show up have been great!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Really interested in the charge 3 but after reading the review for a hour I’m thinking I shouldn’t spend 160$ on something that has tons of glitches and a incorrect calorie counter... send help pls

My suggestions:

1) Start by looking at the features and decide which will benefit YOU. If you don't do steady state cardio, the HRM will not give you usable info. If you swim, you should look at a waterproof tracker. Is the style something that you will wear 24/7?

2) research all brands. Fitbit may have the name recognition but there are many that offer a product superior to Fitbit at a comparable or lower price (I have a Garmin)
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a charge 2 and I absolutely love it!! I find the challenges very motivating :smiley:
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine for 3 years, I would never want any other brand. 😁
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Would add my name to charge 2 lovers, I think it's great and find all the stats on the app fascinating.
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It depends, I have a flex and instead of wearing on my wrist I have been putting it in my sock. Seems to be more accurate that way.
  • HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge 2 and have used it for two years. I started tracking my calories with the intention of weight loss three years ago. I lost 50 lb total over 2 years. I got the fitbit one year in. It really helped me tremendously and I've found it to be pretty accurate. I like knowing exactly how much I can eat on active days or knowing that I can bank those extra calories for a weekend event. (In case you didn't know, the fitbit steps and calorie burn sync with myfitnesspal.) My fitbit is part of my routine now and I believe it's a major factor in why I haven't gained a pound back. I highly recommend it.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'll be a dark horse here. No reason to buy anything expensive.

The Xiaomi mi band 2 is like $30. The Amazfit Bip is like $60. Either are satisfactory, counts are relatively accurate, and I honestly think the Bip is an all around better device as it hits the more important needs.

I have both, as I upgraded to the Bip. Both are great.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i don't have a fitbit but my garmin helps me tremendously with my weightloss

I used to have a Fitbit, now I have a Garmin. I prefer the Garmin because I don't have to charge it. I was forever forgetting to wear my Fitbit after I took it off for charging.