Beverages?

Options
I know to stay away from soda, but I'm a legit diet pepsi addict, so i've limited myself to one can a day, which is a challenge for me. I also drink bottled water (usually 2-3 bottles) throughout the day, but when I'm at meals, I usually like to have some juice. So my questions is - what's the best kind of juice to drink? I am eating at the dining hall at college so there aren't many "real" juices to choose from. Is powerade worse than crystal lite? Or are they all basically the same?

Replies

• czx7
    czx7 Posts: 13
    Options
    I know to stay away from soda, but I'm a legit diet pepsi addict, so i've limited myself to one can a day, which is a challenge for me. I also drink bottled water (usually 2-3 bottles) throughout the day, but when I'm at meals, I usually like to have some juice. So my questions is - what's the best kind of juice to drink? I am eating at the dining hall at college so there aren't many "real" juices to choose from. Is powerade worse than crystal lite? Or are they all basically the same?

• mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Powerade probably has more calories and sugar than Crystal Lite. Is switching to plain water something that you'd consider? Most juices have quite a bit of sugar in them. I prefer the whole fruit, because then I get the fiber from it too, and it takes a while to eat.
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    They are both sugary drinks but crystal lite is definitely better, if you need to drink something besides water.
  • rabidwidowkill
    Options
    crystal light is awesome they have tons of flavors and if you use 2 little cups in a gallon it is stronger and seems like you are drinking real juice.. hardly any calories so you can get your water intake and it's actually enjoyable... yeah stay away from sports drinks they have the equivelent to regular soda in sugar and calories sometimes more since they come in bigger ounces... also hansens natural soda is great they have diet too and it really is delicious... eating more fruit especially as a side to your meals is great because you can get away with drinking just plan ol' water and get that juice like sensation from true actual fruit juice..