Is it Pcos or not ?

Options
I have an apple shape body and yes I am over weight , having weight of 161lbs and hieght 5feet 4 inch . when done blood test I found my testosterone level to be 107 ng/dl and my vitamin b12 is also low .
My dietian says it's a case of pcos but I don't have any ireregular or delayed periods and I also don't have facial or body hair , though I have lost some head hairs though recently
Anyone having any idea ?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    A dietician is not the most qualified person to diagnosis you with PCOS. Schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. There are a lot of different symptoms of PCOS, and different people who have it can display some or not others. The obgyn will probably want to do a vaginal ultrasound to see if you have ovarian cysts, as well as maybe some other symptoms.

My wife has PCOS, and it affects a lot of her daily life, including weight loss. So if yuu do have it, it's something that would be important for you to know. But your dietician really can't diagnose this for you.
  • Seeker2203
    Seeker2203 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes I have visited my GYN and she have suggested some tests
    What I am worried at is that testosterone is high in my blood test
  • holmes_mary25
    holmes_mary25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    While you should confirm with your doctor, it is most certainly possible to have PCOS with regular periods. You can have it with zero cyst on your ovaries. There are blood markers to look for and of course hormone testing.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You don't need to have all the symptoms to be diagnosed, but you need to test for it. I have it (diagnosed officially through tests) and I'm not apple shaped, but I do have the cysts and I'm prone to the metabolic syndrome. Stop fortunetelling and ask your doctor to test for it. PCOS is not the only thing that can cause high testosterone.

If you end up receiving the diagnosis, it's not a death sentence. It can be managed through diet and activity.