Passed a year a couple of days ago

My goal was to lose until my BMI was under 25 and keep it below. I got there March 1 of 2018, so two days ago was my 1 year anniversary. That's a big deal as in years past I couldn't stay below goal even with goals that were higher. I am 5'8", so goal was 164 after starting at 223 in 2017. I have actually kept drifting lower during the year. When I did my one year weigh in a couple of days ago, I was 151 or a BMI of 23. Using the 150s as my maintenance range and trying to spend most of my time in the low 150s.

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Congrats!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Nice to see an update from you @CarvedTones.
    Congrats on the one year maintenance.

Cheers, h.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Congrats you should be proud 👍
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Nice to see an update from you @CarvedTones.
    Congrats on the one year maintenance.

Cheers, h.

Thanks. I went off the radar for a bit trying not to obsess abut it so much. It has not been a stress free year, but I am starting to relax a little more. Still tracking, but sometimes I don't bother tracking dinner and after when I am on track through the day and planning not to go crazy. Weighing often and won't putting up with any trending up.

It is great to hear how relaxed you are getting with logging while keeping an eye on the scale.

You’ve come a long way since starting and I really admire you, and your achievements.

Cheers, h.
  • whitneybex
    whitneybex Posts: 15 Member
    Well done you. I am now in my 3rd year on maintaining weight loss. I am starting to wonder if I am a bit obsessive though. Just checked and it's 1455 days I have logged in with MFP. Should I chill out and ditch my Fitbit and MFP for a few months?
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    My goal was to lose until my BMI was under 25 and keep it below. I got there March 1 of 2018, so two days ago was my 1 year anniversary. That's a big deal as in years past I couldn't stay below goal even with goals that were higher. I am 5'8", so goal was 164 after starting at 223 in 2017. I have actually kept drifting lower during the year. When I did my one year weigh in a couple of days ago, I was 151 or a BMI of 23. Using the 150s as my maintenance range and trying to spend most of my time in the low 150s.

Congratulations girl! Oh im sorry. you might be a dude. congrats anyway mate!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Congrats!

Being relaxed from being where you planned and worked hard to be is great as you’ve found and me too recently. I finished my self-imposed boot camp and don’t need to kick myself in my behind every workout.

We do, as you know, need to keep a vigilant guard.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    That's really great. Thanks for the update I've seen lots of your post here on MFP but nothing in a while. it's nice to hear you're still maintaining and relaxed about it. I hope to be there soon.
  • LDOby10
    LDOby10 Posts: 14 Member
    Congrats on your accomplishments and dedication! One year of health-forward choices is an impressive milestone. :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Nicely done!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Congrats :smile:
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    Well done, CT! I followed your progress over the last year as I was losing weight, and your thoughts about maintenance over that time were always interesting and helpful.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Nice job, especially your outlook. Thanks for sharing.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Way to go. Also great that you are more relaxed about it too.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Thanks all. I still have the long streak of MFP log ins, though most days lately it has just been recording.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Happy Maintain-Iversary Carved. Great job.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I am 5'7" and 164 and would like to maintain. Glad to see a success story