Motivation tips!

Options
Hi, I'm Abi. I'm from England and recently starting a journey of weight loss and a healthier lifestyle. Would love to get to know some people to help motivate each other and keep everyone going. Let me know where you're from and a motivational tip and hopefully other people can read and appreciate it too!

Replies

• MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi from Chicago. I'm Max.
    Good luck on your journey! There will be slips, but try to put them behind you and not let them be a reason to stray from your goals (I struggle with this).
  • abigailwill95
    abigailwill95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mcaproni wrote: »
    Hi from Chicago. I'm Max.
    Good luck on your journey! There will be slips, but try to put them behind you and not let them be a reason to stray from your goals (I struggle with this).

Wonderful advice, thanks Max! Not letting a slip get to you is very important, I also struggle with this so we can work on it together!
  • MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, Abi. And I would be grateful for any tips you'd like to share!
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mirror. Not necessarily how one may think. The most realistic motivation is self-motivation. Intrinsic motivation. The desire to make change and the discipline to maintain it. Sorry, it’s the coach in me. Everyone can ‘do it.’ It always comes down to how badly one wants it. You wrote about weight loss and healthier lifestyle. I would argue, concentrate on a healthier lifestyle. The benefits will follow and weight loss will very likely be one of those benefits.