Intermittent Fasting

shinkalork
shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
edited March 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone else's doing it?
I've started recently to do the intermittent fasting 16/8 and I'm doing great!
Was a bit harder to know what to eat to break it and to start it but other than that it was fine.

* Are you doing it 7/7 ? (i do)
* What do you eat before you start it? (I go for a shake with PB on high fiber toasts)
* Any tips for working out while fasting ( I find it harder )

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I’m an IF practitioner and have been so for 6 months in my current fitness, health and wellness journey. Have generally had a 5 hour average feeding window but just started OMAD and now following a 2 hour feeding window.

We have an Intermittent Fasting group here at MFP. Why don’t you join and share as otters there do.
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Strongfitmama100412 Posts: 90 Member
    I only can do 6pm-8am. So 14 hours and im sleeping most of it.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Still doing it is the key
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    edited March 2019
    Breakfast between 8-9am workout at 11am lunch at 12 evening meal between 4-5pm nothing after that. That's just how my natural day pans out nothing special about it
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    i do 16:8 no breakfast i just stopped eating....830 well i will stop at that time im going to have a protein shake prior to 830pm so i will eat again at 12:30 pm tomorrow if life lasts...Also When working out i did it at the end of my fasts. recently knee problems impede my Excercise desires.
  • justinereihana
    justinereihana Posts: 2 Member
    I have changed from 12/12 to 8/16 this week. Being type2 diabetic my main concern was to work out when to best take my meds. think I've got it sussed now. will be interesting to see if it has sped up my weight loss pattern.