Clothes that stay put during workouts??

Options
Any recommendations on good leggings that don't slide down?
So far compression ones have been the best and they help hold the loose skin in.
Not looking to spend a lot since I still have 30lbs to lose.

Thanks ladies!!

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I love Nike compression and GRRRL Clothing. Both excellent!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've been buying Champion brand leggings from Target. I weigh 235 lb. and they're durable enough to hold up to my thigh rub and I've had no problems with them falling down.

I shop the clearance rack and I usually get them for under $10. I think regular price might be $22 though.
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Anything with a drawstring stays up, I find. Anything with just a waist band is soooo annoying as I have to pull it up all the time.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love all the high waisted leggings at Old Navy. They have good compression too, so they really hold things in. You can get them on sale pretty often, and spend maybe $20 or so.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    ^that's what I was going to say. Old Navy high waist compression. I have a high waist and a regular and I find myself tugging on the regular waist, but they are also a size larger. Try them on to get the best fit.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    For the price, the 90 degree by reflex are great. They are high waisted, and for me they don't slide down. You can get them for about $20. I got mine from amazon.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I run in Under Armour compression capris. They stay put for me as long as I get the right size. If they’re moving around, they’re either too big or too small. If you’re having trouble with compression leggings, try a different size and see if that helps.
  • striving4moretoday
    striving4moretoday Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I buy my workout clothes. bras and casual tops at MOTHER MATERNITY shops. affordable. great hold. great support. and designed to accept a change in size...up or down. 59, so no im not pregnant :D
  • tashanic2
    tashanic2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I second Under Armor. They are the only ones that stay put on me when I do bodycombat.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I bought some fledge fitness leggings with the i think its an eagle on the leg. i am going to rock those!
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I get all my workout gear at thrift shops- Under Armour, Danskin, Tek Gear, Dri Fit, and have never spend more than $5 on each. Take a look, might find sumpin.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    If you are having too much trouble, you could buy some suspenders to wear during workouts. Maybe wear over a light undershirt or an excerise bra so they won't chafe? But under your workout top do it wont be obvious.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! My favorite pair right now is high waist compression from old navy but they are falling down now. I'll take a look at target also. I haven't had luck ordering clothes on amazon but maybe ill try again.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Same issue. I much prefer to run in shorts and leg warmers. Knee movement seems to try to pull leggings down regardless of design. No issues with shorts (including when they are only on my hips).
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've had to purchase workout leggings a size smaller. I get a really thick waistband, too. And ... I know this sounds weird... but dampen your backside and thighs with a washcloth. It helps things grip.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am using some long shoe laces to keep my pants up when I go swimming - they don't stretch and that's good. I lost my pants once and had to start diving for them...The cycle gallery on the balcony above thought it was hilarious. When I do my relaxing exercise on that big blue ball (i.e. sitting around, watching young ladies how to exercise properly) I use a double thick elastic band - they stretch a bit much, so I just make another knot.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've bought pants from several places, but the Champion from Target seem to fit the best. Whatever brand Meijer sells fits great in the waist, but I'm kind of flat in the behind so they are baggy in the hips. I needed a 3X at Target and a 2X at Meijer.

I'm looking for a sports bra that fits. I'm rather well-endowed and couldn't even find one at Lane Bryant. Suggestions???
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    I've bought pants from several places, but the Champion from Target seem to fit the best. Whatever brand Meijer sells fits great in the waist, but I'm kind of flat in the behind so they are baggy in the hips. I needed a 3X at Target and a 2X at Meijer.

I'm looking for a sports bra that fits. I'm rather well-endowed and couldn't even find one at Lane Bryant. Suggestions???

Panache. They start at a D cup and go up from there.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a brand called Viv Collection. They are about $12 a pair. No compression but very comfortable, very forgiving, and they don’t show the world what you’ve got when you do a wide legged forward fold. And very colorful. I get lots of compliments on them. I abuse the daylights out of them, dry them on hot with jeans and they are indestructible. They also don’t get smelly.

I had a woo hoo moment when I realized I could fit in fancy leggings but went back to my Vivs. I do a ton of hot classes and I never feel like they are suffocating my lower half like compression leggings do, nor do they slide down when sweaty.

The best thing I like about them, which is probably gonna mark me as a total fashion flunkout, is that these days I can pull the waistband right up almost under my boobs and it stays put. No constant tugging leggings up, or tank top down.

The XLs have held me from size 20 down to current size of 8. I ordered the smaller size but find I like the extra XL space for the underboob thing. I’m old enough to like what I like and screw everyone else’s opinion. All I care about is comfort when working out.
  • TracyP2017
    TracyP2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sturdy by Design leggings are awesome. They don't move and the designs are gorgeous