The Eliminators(need to loose 100lbs, opened group)

Options
Hello Everyone, My name is nellie i am a mother of three wonderful pains and i am ready to challange myself more. I have been sick for the last two years and now that i am doin better it is time for a change and if u are feeling that way and or u can not find a team to join u are more than welcomed to come here. I myself am involved in another team but that doesnt mean that i cant give support and motivation to more people struggling with this life change and also get it from more life changers. I was going to set daily goals for us each week just a little push to get myself and others moving more So here is how this week will work for those who have been with us from the begining.
Weigh in once a week .

Starting Friday
Friday- we stay under our carbs
do 50 reverse crunches
Saturday- under calories
50 boxers
Sunday is rest day a free day just to give us a break we need it
Monday- under sodium
50 bridges
Tuesday- under carbs
50 wall pushups
Wednesday- under calories
50 bananas
Thursday- under sodium
50 calf raises with chair

ALL OF THESE EXERCISES U CAN FIND ON SPARKEPEOPLE.COM UNDER FITNESS DEMOS OR JUST TYPE IT IN SEARCH SPACE THEY ARE ALL IN THE BEGINNER SECTIONS

EACH DAY GET SOME KIND OF CARDIO IN FOR AT LEAST 30MINUTES OF UR CHOICE AND OF COURSE OUR WATER INTAKE OF AT LEAST 8 SERVINGS A DAY SERVINGS R 8 OZS

I cant wait to see who all comes and joins me i look forward to gettin to know everyone here and going through this journey together:drinker:

Replies

• lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Linda and I have 50 more to go.. its been hard since my mom died in May and my work hours are horrid. I am here and working to get my last off.. I have lost close to 70 and need to keep it moving..
    goal to get to my swim class before i go to work
    goal to get to my gym training so i can do more that..
    i love the pool and the exercise and doing stomach exercise is much easier in the pool:heart::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LoseItJourney
    LoseItJourney Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am ashley.
    I am looking to lose 140 pounds by summer next year !
    Hope I can join all you
    :)
  • msstillion79
    Options
    Everyone is welcomed glad that u joined i look forward to getting to know u guys on this journey Heres to a great start tomorrow :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    bump
  • ladyjessa2
    Options
    Welcome Linda and Ashley to the group. :flowerforyou:

Linda: wow fabulous loss so far. How long did it take you to loose the first 70lbs?

Ugggg found my first grey hair today. (why on earth is there no crying smiley? a healthy living website has a smoking smiley but not a crying smiley. damnit just going to have to go with :grumble: oh wait never mind I finally found it :sad: disregard my previous rant) If that's not a call to fall off the wagon and detor straight to dairy queen I don't know what is.

Going to forcably drag my husband down to the neighborhood workout room and do some cardio before the baby wakes up from his nap and hopefully grab a shower before I make dinner.

Made it in the calories department yesterday by the barest smidgen and in all honesty was probally over because I didn't measure my portions exactly. Both the leftovers I ate for the lunch and the crockpot dinner involved noodles. Must find more crock pot recipies that are less "startchy" for Wednedays. Nor did my husband help matters by deciding he was going to make chocolate chip cookies. Do I still have to count the calories if I shared my 2 with the baby? I was weak and the smell of hot cookies was more than I could stand. I know I know, I am the master of my domain. Been good so far today, I even walked past the Cheesecake Factory sample station at the commissary instead of stopping for just a taste.

Keep it up everyone.
  • janaj88
    janaj88 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome Ashley and Linda. Nice to have you here.

Being back at work has been good. I needed more routine. Worked through TOM and the scale was down 2.2 pounds. :smile: I just need to keep from gaining it back.

Jessa, I went to a new hair stylist and the first thing she asked me was "I am assuming you want to color your gray?" I looked at her and said "What gray???" :noway: Gotta love denial. Anyway, she colored my gray and put in some highlights. I have only had VERY positive feedback. Gray hairs stink! I went to get a pedicure and the lady ask if I want my eyebrows done. I say sure. While she is getting the wax ready, she asks if I want my lip done, too. The first thought that went through my mind was "I have become the lady with the mustache and I didn't even notice!!!!) :huh: After she looked, she said "Oh, you don't need a lip wax." I was so happy....then she started ripping out my eye brows....:sad:

Have a great Friday!
  • ladyjessa2
    Options
    3 day weekend has thus far been a workout free weekend also :frown: Will try and remedy that tomorow. I skipped zumba last night. Finally broke down and cleaned the 4 year olds room and it wiped me out. Good Lord do we need to have a yard sale. Despite his protestations I cleared out some of the baby toys and all the McDonald's toys.

My food diary numbers are totally off for yesterday, we had ramen take out. Real ramen not that deep fried college food stuff. Had a devil of a time finding nutritional information, finally found a site that gave a breakdown of ingrediants but only listed calories and I was too lazy to attempt to enter all the individual ingrediants into MFP. Pretty sure I was good on fat grams but I know the sodium was through the roof. Gotta live a little once and awhile though right.

Jana :huh: is right.

Hope everyone else had a healthy weekend and stuck to their goals.
  • brandymk
    brandymk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Met my 2nd goal!!!! Okay, my goals have only been 4 pounds each, so I will up it to 5 pounds this time. I'm soooo excited! Let's get this moving! (the scale and me...lol)

I will have students tomorrow and my my daughter will be in kindergarden....wow! what a day! Guess I'm off to get my haircut...hopefully no grays! (I have already bought the dye just in case!)
  • ch112803
    ch112803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a new day and I'm up for the challenge. I've got my lunch and snack packed for work. I intend on finding time between 7-8pm to head over to the gym and work out. I haven't been there in over a year!! I'm looking forward to it.

I've been busy trying to get the kids' rooms organized as well too Jessa. I've got three garbage bags and a box full of clothes to be donated. I need to consolidate lists for school supplies and get that done this week too. Walgreens appears to have some good deals. Oh, and I need to get supplies for my scout troop too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    It can be a little discouraging when you think you will lose more than you end up acually losing. I've had my grandson since Friday so haven't had time for workouts...He was my workout. 3 months old. he's a full time job. I love spending time with him. It's worth every second. This week start'in over and going to really push myself. Hope everyone is well. Happy workouts.
  • ladyjessa2
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies,
    Continued my exercise free weekend and resolved not to feel guilt. Zumba tonight is sure to kick my butt. Husband talked me into making kalua pig and cabbage again this weekend, not healthy eating by anyone's deffinition. Kept my portion reasonable and froze the rest for future dinners.

Brandy, congratulations on meeting your goal. Hope you treat yourself to something nice as a reward.

ch112803, woohoo your free to go to the gym again. Go nuts girl.

majikwon1961, a loss is a loss no matter how small. If you look at your stats you've lost 12lbs in 3 weeks, that's fabulous. Enjoy that grandbaby.
  • janaj88
    Options
    Where did the weekend and Monday go???? It is official, I eat when I am bored! I have been so busy the last few days at school that I don't think about food. Now, if I could just do something when I come home and fix dinner. Not so good!

My husband rented Wii Zumba at RedBox for me over the weekend. I did it. It was okay. Has anyone done the video Zumba and Wii Zumba? I am not sure which (if either) I would want to buy. Thoughts????

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Looking forward to weighing on Wednesday.

Jana
  • ladyjessa2
    Options
    I know a lot of you are teachers so thought you would appreciate this:
    http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2011/8/23/its-baaaa-aaaack.html

What the hey has happened to everyone. Everyone busy with back to school, work, life, herding cats?

Jana: 2 words crock pot the decision will already be made. Of course I say this in the completely hypothetical sense as a person who is supposed to crock pot once a week cause wednesday night dinner has to be cooked and served up in about 20 minutes and I'm lucky if I manage to come up with a plan once every 3rd week. I have Wii zumba, its alright. Nothing compares to actually going to the class but its better than nothing.
  • janaj88
    Options
    I feel like I have been run over by a bus. The heat caused a momma squirrel to choose our attic as a den for her babies. We heard them over the weekend. Pest guy came and set a one way trap so they could leave and not get back in. Momma left, but the babies were inside. Last night, the babies cried all night long. Pest guy came back today and removed three babies and took them to a wildlife refuge. I pray to God that there are no more. Pest guy is coming back if we hear anything. I am going to bed ASAP. :yawn:

Jessa.....I love my crock pots (I have three). We had pot roast on Monday and barbecue tomorrow. We do one or more crock pot meals a week. I find I struggle with the time between 3:30 to 6:00. I have a bad habit of stopping at the bakery, cupcake lady, Sonic, etc... and getting a snack. It is amazing that I can eat 400-500 calories in the blink of an eye. :grumble:

I have been taking my lunch this week and having my peanut butter stuffed pretzels or grapes. I need to do better snack planning and going straight home after school.

I forgot to weigh this morning. I will weigh tomorrow. I have not done my exercises. :ohwell:

Have a wonderful week!
  • msstillion79
    Options
    Hey girls i Love that all of u are working so well but i dont know with everyones schedules if anyone is doin the goals that i have set up so i dont know if im goin to take the time and write them out if noone is doing them i am in a group and have my school work plus work im a nurses aide and three busy kids at home so i know that it is possible to get most of the stuff in ill check back in awhile to see if anyone has posted then ill decide not triing to be a let down but i wanted to start a group with peopele that are motivated and ready to push to a new limit but i think that we are all at different limits right now so well see ttyl :frown: :embarassed: :sad:
  • ladyjessa2
    Options
    Was that a hairflip? I'm sorry that you are disapointed in the rest of the group. I might point out that you have not been posting your accountablity regarding the daily exercises or weekly weigh in either. Perhaps the rest of us were looking to you as the group founder to post first. Jana and I have been attempting to check in daily, offering support and progress on our weight loss goals. I regret that we did not live up to your expectations, however I have been personally questioning whether you had forsaken admining this group for your other group. Not wanting to step on any toes I did not attempt to assert myself in any type of leadership role and perhaps that was a failing on my part.

You are not the only member who is busy, perhaps you are busier than the rest of us I don't know. I know several ladies are teachers busy with the begining of a new school year. While my own children have been back to school for a month I also have 3 of them. One special needs who requires more care and attention than 3 "normal" children. I also am admining another MFP support group in addition to my offline commitments and obligations. However this is not a competition, this is about making lifestyle choices and supporting each other in our weight loss journeys.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • msstillion79
    Options
    im sorry that i did offend u i didnt mean that noone is triing to reach their goals It has been just u and her on here for awhile i look in everyday and if there isnt anything new i dont post i dont post on my other group either we pm our results of the day to our team leaders cause everyone is doing teams and points no one on here said that they wanted to do points so i never posted but i have been doin everythin i set up and my other group to I never said that u disappointed me I know that we are all busy i never said that i was more busy or more important then anyone else im not like that i have posted on here and havent got any response by anyone but u sometimes we are here to motivate and u have been doin good at that with some people but noone else is on here and i just feel like when i set up some things noone is doin them so why do it I am not a fighting person or mean i just wanted to know if u guys just two of u on here wanted me to continue with my postings k thats it if u took it wrong im sorry I know this is a life change and it takes awhile to get on track. I will continue to post if that is what u guys want k I started this group for everyone in it to join in on all the decisions on here not just me so it could be a open idea group not for me to take charge but maybe that is what u guys need is someone to take charge but even if i continue to post goals and post what i do it doesnt mean that u guys will do it so u tell me what will help u and i am gladly do it I have posted on here without any responce from u or anyone k so Well ill check back in at noon to see what and if anyone responded im not triing to be mean its just the truth take care and God bless :flowerforyou: :ohwell: and for u to say that u know how my "normal" childern are is wrong i also have a special needs child but i dont need people to know on here i deal with what God gave me cause he wouldnt put things in my life that he didnt think that i could handle i believe that is the way for everyone
  • crazynay96
    Options
    WELL I'll start fresh! :)

HOLA!!!!!!

I'm Amy... I'm stoked to have LOST! 4.6 lbs this week! I'm well on my way!!!!!!! so now I'm at 34.9 lbs down and 54.1 lbs to go till Disney with 17 weeks to go which means I need to loose 3 lbs a week to hit my goal of 89 lbs down (AND UNDER 200 pounds!!!!!) I can ssssssoooo do this!!!! OMG!! I'm so close and Disney is so close then it'll be baby # 3 makin time!

Hope everyone who may be affected by the hurricane stays safe! If I don't get on for a while its because the hurricane has knocked us out of power... its expected to hit us here in VA tomorrow! Stay safe and stay on track!
  • msstillion79
    Options
    that is so awsome crazynay u are doing so great I hope u stay safe hurricane looks like it is goin to be a big one stay safe and ill talk to u when u can get back on take care. Great Job!!!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • crazynay96
    Options
    For those of you who I am not friends with or don't really follow the threads - I'm very proud! Everytime I look at this it really makes me smile! :)

Check out my pictures!!! :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/329265-35-lbs-down