How much damage does one bad night do?

Options
Had a very indulgent taco night last night. So many margaritas and carnitas, really went overboard. How much damage to my diet could I have done say I went 1000 calories over or so? 😬

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    1 lb of fat is approximately equivalent to 3,500 calories. Since haven't told us what your deficit is, or what it is you went 1000 calories over, you'll have to do the maths yourself.
  • localgrr
    localgrr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To be honest the whole night was a blur and I have no idea! Let's say it was 1000 over maintenance?
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    How ever much you let it do... 1 night as in 1 meal won't make much difference in the long run but the question is will you let it turn into 1 day, 2 days... Etc
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If the night was blur then you probably did more margaritas than you thought, each one being around 400Kcal, then each taco must be around 300Kcal. I think 1000 over is probably conservative to say the least. Without all the exact facts (as people point out above) it's hard to say what the effect will be. But I would guess that a "good night out" could be responsible for 0.5 - 1lb of weight gain from excessive carb and fat consumption + the effect of dehydration - so the body will retain that extra weight until you are once again fully hydrated.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    localgrr wrote: »
    To be honest the whole night was a blur and I have no idea! Let's say it was 1000 over maintenance?

so if the rest of the week you are in a deficit, just look at your weekly goal...
  • localgrr
    localgrr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Yeah nights like that are few and far between do I think I'll be fine. Boy my head though! 😳
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I ate half a 14" pizza last night along with too much wine 😒

Today the scale is up a bit, but I know it's mostly water weight. I'll balance with some lower calorie days and/or additional exercise for the next few days.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Zilch.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Keep calm and carry on (no, not with the tacos and alcohol)
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    To your body, not a lot. The trick is not to let if affect your mind. Don’t dwell on it too much, get back to what you need to do.