New, need friends with 100 lbs plus to lose

Options
I am new, weight around 290, goal 145. I need supportive friends that are going through this long transformation with me. I am from lakeland, florida. I would like to start a diary on here, but don't know how. Can anyone let me know how? Is it a blog? I am not doing any specific diet, just counting calories, but I am trying to limit carbs and sweets. I can't exercise much but I will try to do a little each day. I really want to be at my goal weight (or under) by the time I reach forty. I expect to take it slow and win this race!!! I also would like to know how to put my ticker on the bottom of my posts! Thanks!

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi, You can add me if you like....a food diary is a MUST if you are counting calories and on MFP its easy....just look up from this page & click the Food Tab......and away you go..just click breakfast then in the search box put your food ie branflakes...choose the one from the database that matches what you have had and it adds to your diary with the nutritional data done for you.You can customise to suit..ave a look at mine.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    Going through this too! I will add you! Good Luck and we can support each other!
  • starting0vern09
    starting0vern09 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me my starting weight on here was 309 havent made it too far but my original goal is gonna be 200 sooo i definately have alot to lose as well so feel free to add me. i have only been on for a month or two but i can offer some extra support. good luck and WELCOME!!! you have made the first step and u will find out soon that u will love it here on mfp:flowerforyou:.....ps if u wanna keep a diary u can use ur blog and u have the option to make it public or keep it private
  • sosayscyndi
    sosayscyndi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi! i have a hundred pounds to lose, too. I weigh 237 and really should weigh 125 at most. feel free to add me and I will help any way I can.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    welcome! you've taken the first (and hardest!) step by coming here :) MFP can be a great tool... play around with it and check things out as far as logging your food and calories. there's also a blog area, if you want to write about your journey there... and this forum is great for advice and support.

I started about 5 weeks ago, at 298lbs and I'm down 20! my goal (for now) is to get under 200... I'll reassess at that point, but I'm thinking I want to end up around 150. please feel free to add me as a friend! we can do this! :)
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am in this for the long haul and I have 100 + to lose. The way to add tickler is cup and paste from the add tickler thing on your home page to the signature up on this page.
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I started diary yesterday then :-) I think I will probably also start a blog.
  • jgaht
    jgaht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    YAY for you for deciding to be healthy! I don't have a 100+ lbs to lose, but I wanted to offer an exercise suggestion. When I first started losing weight at my heaviest (200 lbs), I used Leslie Sansome's walk-away-the-pounds at home dvds. They're super cheap at wal-mart or amazon ($5-10) and come in a variety of levels. You can start with something as little as 15 minutes and decide to increase your time or add weights later. I remember it being hard to start exercise so just thought I'd mention it.

Happy Losing!

Cheers,

Jessica
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Welcome and you've come to the right place! We're all in this together! Feel free to add me too! <33
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you like... Im in it for the long haul too! im in the UK :D
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    i dont have 100+ to lose however i do have a significant amount to lose and i have PCOS making it that muchmore difficult for me feel free to add me im a daily motivator..or at least i try (=
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome, I've been her a while, but I still have a good way to go yet, so feel free to add me too :smile:
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    Hi there and I have been on the journey you are starting for about 2 years. I don't have a 100 left to go but I do know a few shortcuts and would love to help if you'd like. Add me if you'd like.

To add a ticker:

1. Click on tools
    2. On top right click on the "get yours now" under "Weight Loss Tickers"
    3. Make your ticker choices and copy the code
    4. Under "community" select "signature' and paste the code
    5. Save and it should show up!

I am not a blogger but most information can be found via the search option.

Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey There.... i added you as a friend. One of my dearest friends lives in Lakeland... so you're new on here. My biggest tip of advice is to "keep in touch"... by that I mean stay in touch with your food dairy for every bite you take, very tid bit of exercise you do, and when you have some time or even just a few minutes check out the message boards!!! (if I could BOLD that I would) Message boards, message board, message boards. They have been so helpful for me... you can search for ANY topic... motivation, nutrition, fitness, girlie subjects, funny subjects, groups to join.... this site is PACKED full of stuff. Good luck and have fun with it!
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, they need "like" buttons on here!!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I only have about 30 or 40 lbs. left to lose and have lost 50 since January (only about 15 or so since joining MFP about 3 months or so ago) but you can add me as a friend, supporter and motivator if you would like. I try to comment on others posts most days, but some days I am unable to when I have a long or hard day. I used to live in the Haines City, Davenport and Loughman Florida are for about 20 years and now live in Alabama. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • lovetamarav
    lovetamarav Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I've got over 100lbs to lose. Starting officially tomorrow. I'm excited to commit to this.