Lent

Options
vrhoff16
vrhoff16 Posts: 7 Member
I'm giving up Soda for Lent.....anyone giving anything up?

Replies

• eleanorjaneagain
    eleanorjaneagain Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up eating like a piggy! :)

Seriously, I've restarted MFP after a long break and generally failing to stick to it for years. I've got a toddler and I haven't been able to shift the extra dress size I gained since having him with all the takeaways and 'treats'.

I'm planning to spend the next six weeks between now and Easter focusing on my well being, eating nutritious foods, doing a bit more exercise (even finally getting back to yoga!). I need to lose 5kg (or around 10 pounds) to get back to my pre-baby highest weight so that's my first goal.

Wish me luck!
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Takeaways and chocolate and apparently all pleasure in my life. :D:D:D
  • angeladarby88
    angeladarby88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    vrhoff16 wrote: »
    I'm giving up Soda for Lent.....anyone giving anything up?

I'm giving up soda pop as well!!!
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Giving up sweets. Day 1 was no problem. :wink:
  • JamieSagers
    JamieSagers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep! Giving up sweets and writing with blue pens. I know I cN keep at least one of them... hoping for both doing good so far it has been a challenge....the sweets part. ;)
  • MamaLily0824
    MamaLily0824 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m giving up added sugar!

It’s been easier than I expected. (My diet was HORRIBLE! Chain-drinking sodas all day, etc.) The only sugar I eat now is what is found in whole, fresh fruit, and I’m limiting that, too. (Just eating it when I feel my sugar is super low in the transition).

I’m tracking calories and weight to see what happens, and even though I have huge calorie deficits (I struggle to get to 1500 per day now), I’m not losing anything weight yet. Not sure why.

On Easter, I plan to indulge in a little chocolate as an experiment to see if my tastes have changed, but I’d like to keep this up after Lent, too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sloth and swears
  • sanz002
    sanz002 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Harder than I thought!