new and seeking support :)

Options
ive been trying to lose weight for 5 or so years now. i had back surgery which caused me to be off my feet alot for a whole year. in just 5 years i gained around 100 or so lbs. im sick of being this way and want to change but often loose track and simply fall back down! this is my new beginning and i will NOT give up!

SW: 8/15/11: 225 lbs
CW: 8/22/11: 225 lbs
GW: 130 lbs

Replies

• kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    welcome, i'm new here myself. i added this to my iPhone and love it. :)
    feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cathmcgarry
    cathmcgarry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm not really too new, but I do understand the ups and downs of changing to a healthy lifestyle. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!!
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    To anyone new I offer this advice (along with encouragement), be honest with yourself - those of us that struggle with weight issues tend to underestimate how much and what we eat and overestimate how much we exercise. MFP is a tool to accurately track both.

Remember weight loss is a journey and not a destination, one day at a time and yes, sometimes one bite or one more step at a time.
  • ejllshaw
    ejllshaw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I too had back surgery at the age of 27 so my normal weight loss program came crashing to a halt, so I understand your plight. Feel free to add me
  • tmashland
    Options
    I'm a newbie too. I have been fat for 51 years more or less I'm always trying some diet or other. This time I'm working with a nutritionist to hopefully get it right. I'm tired of being tired!
    :smile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I had surgery and have had trouble snapping back.
    Best of luck to you.
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    please feel free to add me. I'm very new (1 week) but this is the best idea I've seen.

every journey starts with a single step and I'm very excited to take lots of steps with as many people as possible. we're part of the snowball that will change the way our country's think and act towards getting healthier.
  • pandabuhr79
    Options
    i'm new too and so far i love it! add me if you like! :)
  • tribalwolf4
    Options
    Good luck, I started almost a week go. =) Friend me if you'd like.
  • caseysray
    caseysray Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This site really does help. I'm on my second go around right now. First time I was on MFP it helped me get to my goal weight and I was the healthiest I have ever been. Once I reached my goal weight I decided I didn't need to pay attention anymore. I was wrong! So here I am again, trying to lose the pounds I gained while I was away. This really works if you stick to it.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not new but I understand how you feel. I have been heavy my whole life and it's hard even though I am almost to goal to not feel heavy in my brain! LOL. But it can be done and I can tell you logging every single thing you put in your mouth is a very big reality check. Aim for real foods not processed junk. Drink plenty of water and get some activity in there. Even if it's walking 15 minutes to start. You'll see you getting more energy as you progress. Good luck and add me if you want. :)
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    New here too!! Totally tired of the way i look and the clothes askin 2 b worn in my closet, lol. Your more then welcome to add me!! :happy:
  • adm511
    adm511 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've only been on for 15 days myself and I have found the site to be very helpful! You may add me if you would! The best to you on your new adventure!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've been here 2 weeks and loving it.....I've been overweight all my life and have tried lots of ways to lose weight......I've lost the weight but then I would put it all back once I stopped.....

This site is so good.....So easy........
  • mnjhowell
    mnjhowell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off this site for awhile but I am now and back on target since I have gained 30 pounds since December 2010. You are more than welcome to add me and we can help keep each other accountable!! Welcome and good luck with reaching your goals!!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hay 8824 welcome to the site. I find this site keeps you on track, I could never sustain writing what I was eating for very long, but with my iPhone app I log all the time it makes it easy and convenient.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • motherof2wins
    motherof2wins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda new too, this is a great place for tracking and support. Friend me if you want. :)
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,

Everyone replying can add me also, based in uk but happy to help.

Scott