Calories??!

Options
Trying to figure out total calories for this meal. The tortillas are 50 cals each so 100 cals in total for that. Then I used 1/4 of avocado so another 80 calories. But I don’t know about the shrimp. They were medium shrimp cut into smaller pieces and then mixed in with tomatoe, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. I don’t know how much calories I should mark the shrimp as.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    did you make it at home? next time use the recipie builder, weight out all the ingredients and input them invidually in the recipe builder so there is no guess work.

(also use scale for avocado)

estimate the amount of shrimp (or weight another example of what you used). were they packaged? check the box.
  • selenenatalie
    selenenatalie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    did you make it at home? next time use the recipie builder, weight out all the ingredients and input them invidually in the recipe builder so there is no guess work.
    My mom made it so I didn’t get to weigh it out.
  • Panini911
    Options
    I sometimes double check with calorie king website for foods
    https://www.calorieking.com/
  • Panini911
    Options
    I would input each individual item in there separately and estimate quantity/weight.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I would guess about 40 calories of shrimp per taco (~2.5 ounces) and that is probably a little high but I usually log high when I am guessing. That is just the shrimp not the other ingredients.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You could also try and find the total weight of the shrimp she used from the package and roughly divide that into portions.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I would input each individual item in there separately and estimate quantity/weight.

Definitely this. And search the entries, you can often find some that have individual items, like chips or shrimp. I also estimate the higher calories just to be on the safe side.