What do you think about collagen consumption?

Options
saundts
saundts Posts: 51 Member
What do you think of Collagen consumption, does it work, when and how much to take, any side affects?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i have only ever heard good things about it and keep meaning to buy some to try it, so will follow this thread to see what people reply!
  • Tetrelle
    Tetrelle Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I had really bad hairloss, I was pulling massive wads of hair out in the shower and noticed it thinning. I also had very dry and flakey skin, and brittle nails. I've been on a plant-based collagen builder (that includes biotin) for six weeks now. The first week nothing, but after that, I noticed my hair was falling out significantly less. The whites of my nails appear more bright, and my skin is still dry, but I blame Winter :persevere: . I've had an overall great experience! Can't speak for everyone, and it is only a month and a half, but, out of all my supplements, that is the one I would recommend the most.

How much? I take two in the afternoon once a day.
    Side effects? I've had none.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Tetrelle wrote: »
    I had really bad hairloss, I was pulling massive wads of hair out in the shower and noticed it thinning. I also had very dry and flakey skin, and brittle nails. I've been on a plant-based collagen builder (that includes biotin) for six weeks now. The first week nothing, but after that, I noticed my hair was falling out significantly less. The whites of my nails appear more bright, and my skin is still dry, but I blame Winter :persevere: . I've had an overall great experience! Can't speak for everyone, and it is only a month and a half, but, out of all my supplements, that is the one I would recommend the most.

interesting. I was leaning towards the powder stuff rather than tablets as I heard that that is better. more potent.

Good results though!
  • saundts
    saundts Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What about liquid form?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    https://examine.com/supplements/type-ii-collagen/

All you will need to know about collagen, and most other supliments. If you don’t have it book marked already, you should.

Cheers, h.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Tetrelle wrote: »

What brand do you use? I am vegetarian (not for ethical reasons, I just dislike meat), and I’ve had a lot of bloating and indigestion when I’ve tried collagen capsules and powder, but perhaps it’s bc my GI tract isn’t used to animal products.
  • annebaby1431
    annebaby1431 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I put collagen in my oatmeal everyday. My hair already grows fast, but now it’s growing super fast, and my nails are in a better shape than before, and growing fast.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I put it in my workout shake 3 times a day since going keto. It's all protein so it substitutes for some protein powder. I've made so many dietary changes since going keto and had phenomenal results but there's no way I could isolate the effect of collagen among the rest of the changes.