Struggling

Options
I have been binge eating and today I am trying to stop and regather myself.
I gained 10lbs in a week... I did start my period but I knew it was bad but 10lbs. That’s just devastating.

My diary is all over the place because I was too ashame to post everything I ate but as I mentioned I am trying to get back on track today.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    First step checked.. you identified your issue.

Now get on track to help yourself . Preplan you day food so you know when/what to eat. 😉
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Continue to focus on all the "good" days you've had and all the health progress you've made. It will happen for you.
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Binge is in the past. What’s more important is moving forward in a positive way right? I get it. I backslid too - big time - and get this - it was right on the cusp of my health screening! My original goal was to be the lowest weight in YEARS! Instead? I was right back too darn close to my weight a year ago! Boy did I blow that one. Yet, that reversal is NOW an opportunity to kick backslides *kitten* this time! You can do the same with Mr. Binge. Next time the “b” word comes to mind? Think exercise instead - can be a 15 minute walk - or grab a healthy alternative instead. 80% of this battle is psychological.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Try this- stand up and fight. You decided to do this, back yourself up with action. #1 priority is to keep logging. It doesn’t matter what we think here on MFP, only thing that matters is what you think.

As a friend once observed, your body is going to track it whether you log it or not.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    a bet a little bit of that is food still in your digestive track. give it 3 days of back on the wagon at least before you weigh again.
  • goo927
    goo927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    emmoen wrote: »
    I have been binge eating and today I am trying to stop and regather myself.
    I gained 10lbs in a week... I did start my period but I knew it was bad but 10lbs. That’s just devastating.

My diary is all over the place because I was too ashame to post everything I ate but as I mentioned I am trying to get back on track today.

I am the same way!! I understand the struggle- it’s so defeating.. tomorrow is a new day- let’s do this together
  • newhopeind
    newhopeind Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow binger!

My advice is simple and hopefully uplifting: stop beating yourself up! You had a bad week. That’s totally alright. We all do. As a binger, it does hurt a little more, because it’s never like I binge carrots and celery lol. But you know the issue, so try and work some cheat days in. Give yourself something to look forward to! And when that day comes, go absolutely nuts.

This isn’t just me saying this though. I dare anyone to follow The Rock on social media. His cheat days are EPIC! Like, STACKS of pancakes with cookies and pasta. But he’s the first to say, the reward motivates you!
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    newhopeind wrote: »
    Hello fellow binger!

My advice is simple and hopefully uplifting: stop beating yourself up! You had a bad week. That’s totally alright. We all do. As a binger, it does hurt a little more, because it’s never like I binge carrots and celery lol. But you know the issue, so try and work some cheat days in. Give yourself something to look forward to! And when that day comes, go absolutely nuts.

This isn’t just me saying this though. I dare anyone to follow The Rock on social media. His cheat days are EPIC! Like, STACKS of pancakes with cookies and pasta. But he’s the first to say, the reward motivates you!

Best comment
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    In the addiction world it’s called relapse. Relapse isn’t the act of binging. Rather, it’s the thoughts and behaviors leading up to the binging. Retrace your steps and identity when your relapse began and what were its obvious cues. Learn from this retrospective and build yourself an action plan for the next time you enter your relapse zone.

For best results, share this with others you trust.

Wishing you the best.
  • chaleeeee
    chaleeeee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat as you! It’s rough, but we can get through this! I’m also trying to figure out how to stop. I binge to deal with my emotions and nerves, so trying to not go back to cigarettes either. Trying to find a healthy alternative.