Blood pressure

Options
Thanks to my fitnesspal app I have been tracking my diets and workout. Started mainly to track my cholesterol but through diet AND exercise I have been able reduce my cholesterol by 30 points and come off blood pressure (after 10 years).

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That’s wonderful, congrats!!!
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost and how long did it take you to see those results?
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's excellent. I heard that once on blood pressure medication, you would never come off. Glad to hear it may not be so.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It just makes sense to me. Why would you want to poison your body with medications if you don't absolutely have to? When you take meds side effects and possible drug interactions can occur. To many MD's are too quick to write prescriptions without getting to the cause of the problem. E.G. Obesity=high BP=diabetes.
  • hisgirlx8
    hisgirlx8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear more! After my last baby (she’s 11 months now) my bp and cholesterol seem stuck abnormally high. I’m determined to get them both down naturally but feeling frustrated. I would love some tips and encouragement!
  • MelFrannNoel
    MelFrannNoel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations 🎉 Did you follow any specific plan or just MFP? Thank You
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    daleejacks wrote: »
    Thanks to my fitnesspal app I have been tracking my diets and workout. Started mainly to track my cholesterol but through diet AND exercise I have been able reduce my cholesterol by 30 points and come off blood pressure (after 10 years).

I have to do better...I'm sad today. Need some encouragement.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!