300lbs over 40 need encouragement

Options
Tea500
Tea500 Posts: 9 Member
Today is day one of making better choices. I want my freedom back.
Any kind of encouragement would be very welcome and reciprocated. Let’s make this the year the best so far.

Replies

• DaveyBeaches
    DaveyBeaches Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just by being here and embracing this you will make a difference. The start is the hardest part. Good for you that you have started!
  • pixibombz
    pixibombz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome and wishing you luck on your journey
  • Danidee7734
    Danidee7734 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day. Ready to do this!
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Read this My Fitness Pal blog from the very first entry. She is a wonderful writer with an honest, inspiring story.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/The_Movie_Chair/
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I was around 300lbs when I started in June 2018. I’m now down more than 50lbs and still have a lot to lose but I understand that feeling of knowing just how long the journey will be. I try to look at it as an adventure and an opportunity to prove to myself that I’m strong enough to do it—and that I matter enough to do so!
    I often try to visualise my life after I’ve reached my target weight and compare it to how it currently is/was and when I do that, I find it really motivates me to continue working hard. It’s also very exciting each time you lose a couple of pounds and feel yourself making progress. I just turned 38 so I’m not far behind you — I realised it won’t be long until I’m 40 and I want to be fit at 40.

This will be the greatest thing you can do for yourself. :)