Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Am I eating enough???

Sooooo...I’ve lost 45lbs in total, over the period of 2 years, will lose a bit, then pause for 6 months, lose more, pause etc etc. I’ve 20lbs more to go but for the first time I’m cutting out rice, pasta, potatoes and bread mostly! I’m eating LOADS of veggies, meat and a little bread each day. However, most days I am at or below 1200. Is this ok? I’m not aiming for a fast fix and don’t want to lose the little muscle mass I already have, but much to my great surprise I’m not actually missing all the bread, pasta, rice that I’ve cut out so it seems pointless just to include them again for the sake of upping my calories! Would someone mind taking a quick peek at my open food diary and see if I’m eating ok! I’m not feeling tired, haven’t noticed any skin problems etc etc! Should add I’ve been doing this for maybe 3 weeks, so haven’t been at 1200 for a very long time. Thanks in advance! Some of you know much more about this than I do!!!

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,329 Member
    edited March 2019
    Where/how you got 1200 number?
    Can't see your diary..(from phone app)

Edit... I can see your diary on web..
    How did you set your goal? How much weight loss/week did you entered?

• Rosiev2014
    Rosiev2014 Posts: 66 Member
    I got the number 1200 by putting in 2lbs a week loss, not sure tbh...most likely I should aim for 1lb a week rather than 2lbs.

My exercise levels vary from week to week, usually a couple of cardio sessions and 1 Pilates class as well as general housework/work activity.

I do mostly use a food scale, a general measurement eg, 1 cup is used when it is something like a cup of chopped peppers or a medium apple.

Now that you mention nutrition goals, I’ve looked at that...I should add some extra calories with calcium as I’m lacking in that!

Thanks for your help!
  • Rosiev2014
    Haaaa...fair enough!!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    your diary doesn't really indicate you are eating 1200 daily but closer to 1300 or more on average, which is good.

yes put your rate of loss at 0.5. if you select a lower exercise level then eat back the exercise calories on the days you exercise (or close to that day).

what has your rate of loss been over the last 2-3 months?
  • Rosiev2014
    I haven’t been losing over the last 2-3months, I’ve been on a year long stall...not intentional, just lost motivation!!!

I’ve upped my calories to 1400 with an occasional 1200 to compensate for days when I’m off plan (like this thurs for special dinner out!)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Rosiev2014 wrote: »
    I haven’t been losing over the last 2-3months, I’ve been on a year long stall...not intentional, just lost motivation!!!

I’ve upped my calories to 1400 with an occasional 1200 to compensate for days when I’m off plan (like this thurs for special dinner out!)

good plan, I highly recommend a food scale and weigh everything you possibly can too.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Weight everything.
  • Rosiev2014
    I do! But thanks for the input!