Favorite recipe sites

Options
What are your go to recipe sites for low calorie meals?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is my favourite
  • egaba
    egaba Posts: 5 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options
    our blog has tons of low calorie recipes! check out https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/nutrition/recipes/
  • shorty7791
    shorty7791 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    egaba wrote: »
    our blog has tons of low calorie recipes! check out https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/nutrition/recipes/
    thanks so much!

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love the emeals quick and healthy meal plan recipes.
  • shorty7791
    Options
    I love the emeals quick and healthy meal plan recipes.

Thanks so much!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Google is my favorite recipe site. Almost anything can be made lower in calories if you know how to substitute/play with ingredient ratios. If I feel like having something specific and don't know how to cook it, I google it, pick the recipe that sounds most delicious, and make adjustments to it if needed. Things you can do to lower calories:
    - Changing the cooking method (e.g baking vs deep frying)
    - Changing the amount of fat used (e.g frying in 1 tsp of oil instead of 1 tbsp)
    - Reasonable substitutions if you feel you would enjoy them (e.g Greek yogurt instead of mayo)
    - Changing ingredient ratios (e.g more vegetables and less pasta in a pasta dish)
    - Picking lower calorie ingredients (e.g lean cuts of meat vs fatty cuts)
    ... and some other ways that I can't think of right now.

If you can't get a dish that tastes good to you with substitutions and tweaks, there is always portion play. You could eat a smaller portion of that dish and double up on a lower calorie side to add volume.
  • shorty7791
    Options
    Google is my favorite recipe site. Almost anything can be made lower in calories if you know how to substitute/play with ingredient ratios. If I feel like having something specific and don't know how to cook it, I google it, pick the recipe that sounds most delicious, and make adjustments to it if needed. Things you can do to lower calories:
    - Changing the amount of fat used (e.g frying in 1 tsp of oil instead of 1 tbsp)
    - Reasonable substitutions if you feel you would enjoy them (e.g Greek yogurt instead of mayo)
    - Changing ingredient ratios (e.g more vegetables and less pasta in a pasta dish)

If you can't get a dish that tastes good to you with substitutions and tweaks, there is always portion play. You could eat a smaller portion of that dish and double up on a lower calorie side to add volume.

Thank you so very much! That was very helpful!