Can you gain 4lbs in 5 days?

Options
carolinaborrego15
carolinaborrego15 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
My family came to visit me from Mexico and I haven't stucked to my diet for 5 days and when I weight myself I gained 4 pounds is it possible that it might just be water retention or could it be fat ? I'm starting to get discouraged and I'm starting to feel depressed again about my weight

Replies

• From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its most likely mostly just water weight especially if you ate a lot of carbs/sugar. After a few days of getting back on track it should even back out
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    @SusieBanyon
    Yes it's just one of the normal reports. From your home web page on the web you will see a "Reports" tab.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I can gain 4 pounds in like 12 hours. It is definitely likely to be majority water weight. If you are at consistently over maintence for those 5 days, a portion of it may be fat, but I would be surprised if that even equaled 1 pound of the total. You will lose it all quickly once you get back on track.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I gained 3.8lb in 1 day, it took the next 5 days to lose it, its likely to be mostly water.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 pounds up since breakfast. No biggie, just water and food.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I can gain that much in one day.
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 4*3500 calories in excess of your maintenance calories, you may have have gained
    weight, but it's not 4 pounds of fat. Most likely just water weight.