Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What exactly is "regular"?

Options
2»

Replies

• lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't TMI, but I have a question about BM's. I have one every morning, right around the same time and that's it for the day. It's like clockwork. A friend of mine tells me she has one pretty much after every meal and that is what being "regular" means. Three times a day?? My system has been like this as long as I can remember and I thought most people only went once a day. Or is it just different for everyone?

I heard this once... " If you eat 3 times, you should GO 3 times. "
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't TMI, but I have a question about BM's. I have one every morning, right around the same time and that's it for the day. It's like clockwork. A friend of mine tells me she has one pretty much after every meal and that is what being "regular" means. Three times a day?? My system has been like this as long as I can remember and I thought most people only went once a day. Or is it just different for everyone?

That's silly.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    When my IBS is playing nicely, I go once, like clockwork. I eat plenty of fruit and veg.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Change your friend if she has got nothing better to do then discussing her "regularity". There are more important things in life...
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Depends a lot on your diet. A plant based diet will make you very, very regular 3 to 4 times per day. If you eat a low fiber diet then you may go only once per day. Every person is different. Don't stress about this.

This my be your experience on a plant based diet, but it isn't true for everyone. I've been vegetarian for 14 years and I average about 45 grams of fiber a day. I go every other day, which is both normal and "regular."
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

That's silly.

Probably