Low calorie proteins?

Options
Hi all,
I just lost 10lb which is great but I eat too much carbs & fat and not enough protein! I like nuts but they're high in calories- can anyone advise on how I can improve my protein intake without eating a high amount of calories?

Replies

• jtcleveland
    Options
    lean chicken! also lots of protein shakes are good, the only calories they have come from the protein and very little from carbs, usually none from fat.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    Chicken, Fish, Protein Shakes are good to help in that field.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chicken and fish! Easy and high in protein low in fat and carbs!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    There was a thread about this earlier.... :laugh:
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Chicken, fish, and grass fed beef. 4oz of grass fed beef has about 140 calories, as opposed to almost 200 calories for "traditional" beef.

God bless!
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    chicken, fish, cottage cheese, beef jerky, protein powder
  • iVroom
    iVroom Posts: 1
    Options
    My fav is low fat cottage cheese.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Learn to like beans! Garbonzos are great in salads and you can make a wonderful hummus with pureed garbonzos. Fatfree refried beans make great tacos and wraps with all veggie toppins and salsa. Add lentils to vegetable soup. Black bean soup is easy and one of our family favorites, and black beans are great instead of meat in mexican dishes. I could go on and on--meatless chili with chili beans. Butter beans, drained, heated, drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper. White chili with butter beans. Three bean salad. Black bean and corn salad. Recipe sites like skinnytaste.com can help you.
  • rubyru22
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies, much appreciated :)
    I love beans! And I'll def improve my intake of protein shakes, and try to eat more chicken & fish from now on!

Good luck to you all with your current goals, this is my first time counting calories and I absolutely love it :)